ZX6/14 Calipers and Galfer Lines Questions!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX6/14 Calipers and Galfer Lines Questions!!!

I have the zx6/14 calipers and got the zx14 brake lines. I have a question that concerns how the lines go from the mc to the calipers. The stock lines on the 10 go down the brake side of the forks and connect to that caliper, then jump over to the clutch side folllowing the lines of the fender. Is this the same for my galfer lines. I tried to find some instruction that came with the lines and they basically told me to have a professional do it. Well I am doing it so I need some help. Also, any other advice when it comes to installing the lines would be appreciated. Have a mityvac on the way so any help there would be great too. Thanks.

How fast is too fast?

167.89 rwhp 2006 ZX-10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
which galfer lines did you get?

standard galfer stuff is 2 lines coming off the brake master, 1 line to the right caliper, 1 line to the left side caliper, no cross line.

as for anything other than be sure to not put more than 15lbs of torque on any of the banjo bolts, and use new crush washers, you should be fine with the mityvac.
just dont get fluid on anything and dont use brake cleaner on the rotor or pads.

if you need a talk thu it, PM your number and i will give you a talk thru.

05 zx6r-upgraded Nissin calipers, Galfer superbike lines, galfer wave rotors, Galfer HH pads, brembo 19x18 master, titanium mounting hardware and rizoma reservoir.
05 zx10r-Goodridge superbike lines, braking rotors, brembo 19x18 master with lightech remote adjuster,brembo hp calipers, titanium mounting hardware and rizoma reservoir.

and we wont hit the Rc51 0or 1098 but i know how to install the stuff.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 04:54 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink180Wilhelm View Post
I have the zx6/14 calipers and got the zx14 brake lines. I have a question that concerns how the lines go from the mc to the calipers. The stock lines on the 10 go down the brake side of the forks and connect to that caliper, then jump over to the clutch side folllowing the lines of the fender. Is this the same for my galfer lines. I tried to find some instruction that came with the lines and they basically told me to have a professional do it. Well I am doing it so I need some help. Also, any other advice when it comes to installing the lines would be appreciated. Have a mityvac on the way so any help there would be great too. Thanks.
My suggestion to anyone installing ss-line kits is do a dry fitment semi loose of them first so as not to mar the crush washers, if your not satisfied with the routing change it till your satisfied and then begin the permanent routing/fitment.

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in