ZX10R HP and DYNO RUNS - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 06-29-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Cool ZX10R HP and DYNO RUNS

I am just wondering if anybody here can tell me what their highest dyno runs are. I have seen alot of people on this site that pushed 160's to the wheel with the Akra Evo II Full exhaust and PC. What is the best what exhaust pruduces the most HP at the wheel. Why do most ZX10R owners on this forum seem to prefer the Akra Evo II exhaust? I just just bought a 10R and would really like to know what exhaust to go for. I trailered my buddies bike to get it dynoed and it pushed 171 @ the wheel with a Two Brothers Racing slip on, K&N filter and a PC with the Map from PC for that exhaust. Nothing else. I filmed the dyno run and have a picture of the Dyno results sheet. What are the best mods to produce more power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 06-29-2005, 10:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

you did see the blue one with a turbo and 200+ hp right?
post #3 of 48 Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Do a search and you will find your answers.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

"THIS JUST IN" - all dynos are different, some are very optomistic, some are not. It is the gain you have to look at. Which is why a baseline is important, and why you should stick to at leas tthe same dyno machine, if not be the runs the same day, humdiity, ect. You could dyno your bike at 160, then put on a bunch of modsm go to a different dyno and dyno less than 160. But you did gain power, the second dyno is just not as optomistic.
post #5 of 48 Old 06-29-2005, 10:46 PM

Posting Frequency

I posted this in maybe the wrong section, but here it is again. Here's a ZX10 stock vs Arata system.
Attached Images

post #6 of 48 Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

You are right, thanks for the response.
post #7 of 48 Old 06-30-2005, 01:38 PM

Posting Frequency

Yes, I heard of a Ducati 999S pushing 161hp and there is no way when the factory claims it is only at 151hp...no full system is going to unleash that much hp in today's age where the factory actually gives a decent header.
I've also heard of a few MV agusta F4 Mille pushing 164...no way in hell that will happen..a 13hp gain is a stretch with a 1/2 system and PC only. It was on FBF dyno which sounds like it gives 'flaterring' numbers.
On the real you can get 162hp out of a real dyno with an akro evo II and PC, more with muzzy thin head gasket...also chain, tire pressure, total milage, air filter, play into this equation more.
post #8 of 48 Old 06-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Posting Frequency

I disagree BN. The LEAST I've had from an Arata system is 10h.p. I've seen 18h.p on a CBR954 with the Arata and mapping. And I've seen 14 from the ZX10. But on a twin? yeah, you're probably right.
post #9 of 48 Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

birdman, On the dyno that you posted is that on the same day before and after dyno. Also how much lower could a bike read if the temp rose 10 degrees and the humidity went up 25-30% between runs.
post #10 of 48 Old 07-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a couple questions? I have been looking at getting an Akra full racing would that make more power then an Evo II Full? With a K&N air intake and power commander3 usb. Would this be a good set up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in