Zx10 turbo question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpazOnaZX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-04-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Zx10 turbo question

Are the upper/secondary injectors on an 08 zz10 needed when I switch to turbo? Or can I just get bigger primaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-04-2019, 11:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeWayne View Post
Are the upper/secondary injectors on an 08 zz10 needed when I switch to turbo? Or can I just get bigger primaries?
There's a few regular members that can give you exacting advice on Turbo builds, but i presume your having difficulty with the airbox not allowing for a top rail?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
At high revs the secondary nozzles work more efficiently than the primary ones. Of course, if we are talking about high-performance motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-07-2019, 11:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
If you are using the stock ECU: must use all 8.
If you are using a stand-alone or previous generation ECU: bigger primaries only will work
gaz likes this.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-15-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Would my 08 run on an 07 or earlier ecu? I know it's very similar to the 07. Is there links anyone can post? Attempting to do research
post #6 of 9 Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
Quote:
If you are using the stock ECU: must use all 8.
If you are using a stand-alone or previous generation ECU: bigger primaries only will work
Would my 08 run on an older ECU that u can just put big primaries in? Um assuming there are differences in the wiring harness and maybe some sensors are different
post #7 of 9 Old 06-15-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Quote:
There's a few regular members that can give you exacting advice on Turbo builds, but i presume your having difficulty with the airbox not allowing for a top rail?
I am having difficulties with that. I'm getting the airbox custom made so i could have it made to accept the secondarues also but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible and cutting down on the amount of injectors helps
post #8 of 9 Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I am having difficulties with that. I'm getting the airbox custom made so i could have it made to accept the secondaries also but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible and cutting down on the amount of injectors helps
Absolutely better to have a secondary rail as the fuel delivery is much more efficient at high RPM the stock g3 ecu requires that rail! You can have larger injectors in top rail as the g3 ones are relatively small.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-16-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Quote:
I am having difficulties with that. I'm getting the airbox custom made so i could have it made to accept the secondaries also but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible and cutting down on the amount of injectors helps
Absolutely better to have a secondary rail as the fuel delivery is much more efficient at high RPM the stock g3 ecu requires that rail! You can have larger injectors in top rail as the g3 ones are relatively small.
Nah I dont think I need to go bigger, I think the 8 injectors can flow enough fuel for 7psi from a little gt28 lol. I would go away from my current stock ecu if I could find an older stock ecu that only uses 4 injectors but I think I'll ultimately just get the top rail to fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in