Your worst mod - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Your worst mod

How about a list of the worst mods you have done to your bike (that you're willing to admit to)? We all know about the mods that are popular and work well. I'm curious as to what mods people have made that they later regretted.

I've personally got 2 that really pissed me off. The first was a big bore kit in my old 87 CBR1000F. It worked just fine unless I was in any traffic and then it would overheat really quickly. I should have bought some used cylinders and gone 1 over on the stock pistons instead of Weisco. Hindsight is always 20/20. That bike did run like a raped ape though. It was a comfortable bike, too.

The second have been frame sliders. On the ZX they weren't bad because I didn't have to hack up the bodywork. I was able to take them off and give them to a forum member in need. Every time I put my foot down my shin and knee would hit the slider. I don't personally care for sliders and haven't had good experiences with them. On my RC51, I had to cut holes in the bodywork. I didn't mind at first-they were fine. But I later decided that I didn't want sliders on and couldn't take them off w/o the holes being there. Plus, I found a great set that were no cut made buy a guy in Germany. Thorsten Durbhan I think is his name. His sliders looked like they would actually work.

The ATRE on my ZX is on the fence. I have my doubts as to whether it really does anything. I really dig having a gear indicator though.

Ok, so fess up. What are your worst mods?

Have a wheelie nice day!

Winter sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I honestly can say that I have not done one thing to my 10 that I regret! I research the hell out of everything I do to it so I can make sure I am doing what I want!! :)

post #3 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I put a Hotbodies windscreen on my bike. Shhhh...don't tell anyone please.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 06:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

what about somebody else modding your bike for you. Some vandals primered over the left kawi sticker on the tank. I haven't done much to mine that I regret other than dropping it on both sides. I guess I modified the plastic with a little help of asphalt.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #5 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 07:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDLYN13000 View Post
I honestly can say that I have not done one thing to my 10 that I regret! I research the hell out of everything I do to it so I can make sure I am doing what I want!! :)

How you liking them preloaded adjusters??

I bought the competition works fender eliminator for the gen 2, ugliest thing ever, was on the bike for two weeks before I could steal the wives off her 6 lol and Lsl bar ends!! Any body want some??

post #6 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydork View Post
i put a hotbodies windscreen on my bike. Shhhh...don't tell anyone please.

There are three rules I live my life by:
1. No matter where you are or what you are doing always look cool.
2. Don't be a pussy
3. When in doubt refer to rule number 1
post #7 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I forgot about the hugger I have for my ZX. It's a 79 dollar ebay special. It's worth 5 bucks tops. It hasn't broken yet. I've got a friend that dabbles in fiberglass and carbon fiber. When the hugger gives up, I'll have him use it and the stock chain guard to mold up something solid.

I also forgot about the undertail on my RC51. I forgot what brand it is. It looks good but doesn't function for shit. The turn signals couldn't be seen if it wasn't dark out and since I almost never ride at night... It might have been a Hotbodies part. I'll have to check.

MM, those wheels were an expensive mistake. Ouch.

Have a wheelie nice day!

Winter sucks.
post #8 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Oh oh........ I know that's easy...Bluedevil

ooops you meant on the Bike.

Well, I would have to say it was the Acumen Gear Indicator but I took care of that by designing my own .....other than that I have no complaints but then again I didn't mod the heck out of it like some of you on this board.
post #9 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

worst mod new brakes

best mod neon lights

Puig Screen, Carbon Scorpion Slipons, Starrotors HID, Champs Sliders, Targa Fender Eliminator, GIPRO/ATRE, Rim Stripe, CRG Shorty Levers, Galfer SS Lines. ZX14 Nissin Calipers, Puig Carbon Rear Fender, Attack Racing Carbon Front Fender, Vortex Mirror Blockoffs, Oberon Barend Mirror, BMC Race Air Filter, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Stomp Grip, Speedo Healer, 16t front Sprocket
post #10 of 31 Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

carbon fiber bar ends

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in