Yoshimura vs. Sato - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Yoshimura vs. Sato

anyone have the Yoshimura full system? are the headpipes/midpipe stainless or ti? if they're stainless is the weight noticable above the stock exhaust's weight? .. how did it dyno with the Yosh?

same question for the Sato, any dyno results for them? i've seen their advertising and spoke with a rep at Kyle racing but they're selling a product. i would kinda like an unbiased opinion of Sato Vs. Yosh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The Yosh headers and mid are stainless. The headers are 1lb. heavier than the stock headers but the carbon TRS can is 2lbs. lighter than the stock can, I didn't weigh the mid pipe but I guess the weight would be very close. The stock mid has the valve in it.
I didn't dyno my bike before any mods but it makes 157.2 hp on a very stingy dyno after full yosh, PCIII and custom map.

Going through life with blinders on and lovin' it.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM

Posting Frequency

had the yosh and switched to the full muzzy dont really see much of a difference between them on the dyno but the muzzy sounds better in my opinion. i like the sato stuff though. what about ti force or arata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-21-2005, 01:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel Send a message via Yahoo to DarkAngel
I'd be interested in hearing about Yosh Vs. Sato/Arata. I have a slip on Yosh TRS, but I know I want more power. I am pretty certain I want to get a Yosh full system/ TRS cf ( I like the look and sound of the TRS cf). I hear getting a pc3 will help my slip on a bit, but not like a full system. My new Yosh slipon may end up end up being sold here shortly if I can justify the cost of going full vs. slip on with a pc3 and tune. I think this has already been covered, but I can't for the life of me see the comparos. Anyone have yosh yeaders/mid pipe for sale??? It can't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance

Do A Wheeeeeeliiiieeeeeeeeee!

post #5 of 13 Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

sato

I have the sato full exhaust. It is a great system and I dynoed at 168 RWHP. Here is a picture.
Attached Images

post #6 of 13 Old 07-21-2005, 11:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yosh IMO isn't even in the same league as Sata. Sata plays with the big boys like Akra, Arata, Ti-Force etc..
the results of the guys bike above is proof.

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #7 of 13 Old 07-22-2005, 06:47 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I've always associated Yosh with Suzuki.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-22-2005, 07:10 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
Maybe I'm showing my age, but I've always associated Yosh with Suzuki.
You're right about that. That's why I went with yosh on my SV. Plus the TRS triangle shape was different.
If those numbers for the Sato are reasonable (pc3 etc) I will be looking. Who has the best prices on pc and exhaust?
post #9 of 13 Old 07-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You can get the Yosh in Ti. Their titanium pipes are as well made as any other top quality exhaust. Also on the full Ti Yosh systems they upgrade the can to one that has ti core and end caps. Completely different beast than their SS systems.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM

Posting Frequency

FYI to everyone interested in Sato....You might find it a better valus to just get the Sato slip on and mid pipe. The Sato header only adds 3hp, doesn't give you any significant weight savings over the stocker (stock headers are titanium anyway) And it's likr $500 -$600......But I agree Sato is the shit for the Zx-10R. Ti Force would be choice #2, Akra #3 and Arata #4. Yosh doesn't even make the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in