Yo...El Diablo - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Yo...El Diablo

gonna order my 16t tomorrow and if im not mistakin you went with an afam....but wasnt there an oem 16t that you could go with? Just wondering if you know that part#....im sure i could find it with research but thought you may know....also, while im asking....are you still happy with this mod, and when time for chain replacement, any thoughts on the chain youde use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yeah, there was an OEM sprocket with the rubber dampening ring on it. I think it was from a Kawi Z1000. Hit Big Daddy up. I think he was one of the folks who posted about them in my thread. I'm wanting to think that's what he went with on his.

As for a replacement chain... when it's time to replace the stocker I'll likely go with an EK brand 525MVXZ. Read LOTS of good feedback on EK's X Ring chains used on busas with power adders.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #3 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Found a post by BD with the info...

Quote:
Since i was lame informing El Diablo about the OEM 03 Z1000 CS sprocket mod i'll let you know its an option to the aftermarket sprockets avail. It does contain the rubber damper just as our OEM did so now you've been duly notified.

BD

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

El Diablo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info.... was doin some thread searchin and came up with a # finally....13144-1320.....probably be back-ordered or something and then when finally gets here itll be 15 degrees or something......as for the chain, wondering if you would give me some insight as to the difference in the 525 or 520 conversion....its an area i know little about but i hear most people that go with the 520 come back to the 525.....may sound like a newbie question but forgive my ignorance..
post #5 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzzGuitarPlyr
Thanks for the info.... was doin some thread searchin and came up with a # finally....13144-1320.....probably be back-ordered or something and then when finally gets here itll be 15 degrees or something......as for the chain, wondering if you would give me some insight as to the difference in the 525 or 520 conversion....its an area i know little about but i hear most people that go with the 520 come back to the 525.....may sound like a newbie question but forgive my ignorance..

Try www.ronayers.com for the sprocket. I'd think if anyone had it they would. As for the difference between the two chain sizes, I couldn't explain it any better than EK does in their FAQ. CLICK HERE and it's the first question in the FAQ. The pop-up window with the "answer" is in red with white text... hard to read. If you highlight all of it with your mouse it's easier to read.

--

El Diablo
post #6 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

thanks again...owe you one... .....so i take it a 520 "fits" better with a 16t...but not as strong as a 525 so you get more wear.....
post #7 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
thanks again...owe you one... .....so i take it a 520 "fits" better with a 16t...but not as strong as a 525 so you get more wear.....
You have to change out both of the stock 525 sprockets for 520 size sprockets to even use the 520. Less strength and faster wear. I think the faster wear is why most folks come back. Unless you're racing for big money and need every single last horsepower you're just wastin' money droppin' to a 520 in my opinion. There's less loss of horsepower through the drive chain with a 520 but it's probably not much less. Maybe worth it for race guys but not for me on the street.

--

El Diablo
post #8 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

learn something new everyday....
post #9 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
learn something new everyday....
Yep, we all do... If ya ain't learnin' ya ain't livin'...

--

El Diablo
post #10 of 30 Old 01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in