WTF - installing ALTRE GIPro - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

WTF - installing ALTRE GIPro

Took me 15 min removing the fairing on my 06, took me 15 min installing Gilles adjuster w/ lifters, took me 2 min for the COX radiator guard. Spent 1 hour still could not get the damn wires out installing GIPro any trick removing the pins out .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Frequency

Are you trying to remove the pins from stock connector ?, yeah it's abit tricky doing the first one but once you get hang of it real easy

After seperating the connector and removing the internal white shielding inside you can get at the pins / sockets...

with the connector facing you, just get a long v small screw driver and gently push pin / socket you are trying to remove across (you'll see which way it moves), then once pushed across just push down / pull wire from behind and they slide out.

Once you done one they are a piece of cake... just take your time as if you get the right knack of it they don't need any force really to get out. If I remember the connector heading down towards engine is abit tight to get to so try the other one first

Hope that helps abit it's hard to explain

Last edited by Fluke; 04-17-2008 at 10:51 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
Are you trying to remove the pins from stock connector ?, yeah it's abit tricky doing the first one but once you get hang of it real easy

After seperating the connector and removing the internal white shielding inside you can get at the pins / sockets...

with the connector facing you, just get a long v small screw driver and gently push pin / socket you are trying to remove across (you'll see which way it moves), then once pushed across just push down / pull wire from behind and they slide out.

Once you done one they are a piece of cake... just take your time as if you get the right knack of it they don't need any force really to get out. If I remember the connector heading down towards engine is abit tight to get to so try the other one first

Hope that helps abit it's hard to explain
I took the shielding already pushed the pins wont move using small flat head screw driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM

Posting Frequency

try the 'male' side first as it's easyier, i think put screwdriver on side of the male pin at base of it and push to side, that releases the clip then pull from behind while holding it in that position, if you dont hold it in the unclipped position it just springs back locked

i think with the female side you can push to the side and push down at same time, thats just pops them out

thats just from memory but im pretty sure it's how they budge as it was same when i did speedohealer also.. all i remember is i wish i had hands like a 5yr old for the job lol

Last edited by Fluke; 04-17-2008 at 11:02 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to wpbzx-10
i used a small nail and pushed it out with no prob
post #6 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM

Posting Frequency

yeah i used a dental pick thing, but anything pointy should do
post #7 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I will try it tonite thanks. Rep given.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have an 05 and it was abit cramped in there but a small flat head screwdrive you have to push the locking pin over and then push out the connector... putting the connectors into the new harness was easy... just limited space and wire length... just need some patients and a steady hand... you should be good....

Leo Vince high mount slip on, GIPRO ATRE, Front & Rear Stainless Brakelines, Scotts Dampner, Custom paint & Stickers, No cut Frame sliders, PUIG Windscreen, -1t F +2t R, New version SpeedOHealer, Rumble Ghost Undertail, Swingarm Lincense plate relocation, Smoke euro blinkers, and more small stuff.....

post #9 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks Guys, figure damn thing out push up first the lock is at the bottom and push out, then pull the wires from the back. Putting back the bike together tomorrow and test the fuzz about the ALTRE. Rep given to all helped out .
post #10 of 10 Old 04-18-2008, 07:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

atre

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in