Woolich Throttle map - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 Old 05-08-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Got it.

Now that I've spent a little time with the Woolich software I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've learned how to use the Autotune and I'd say I'm about 90% of the way to a really good fuel map. Once I get it completely ironed out I will do a map share on Woolich's web site.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 05-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I think I'm going to pull the IAP and TPS maps from a mapshare file to get started and autotune from there.
post #33 of 44 Old 05-09-2019, 03:23 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

In your motorcycle, the maximum capacity is limited on all gears. Including the 6th gear.
In circled in red should be 100%
If you change to 100%, you will need to carry out a correction in these areas of the ignition and fuel maps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	422273  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 44 Old 05-09-2019, 10:29 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloose View Post
Went to the dyno last night. My plan was to dial in the tune before hitting the track this weekend. I did get to do some tuning but in reality the dyno is mostly good for WOT. I will do my best to let the Autotune work its magic during practice on Saturday.

With just a little Autotuning, which included opening up the ETC at high rpm and WOT, this is my dyno result.

Bike specs are

K&N race filter
Slip on with decat
No exhaust or intake flap
AIR blocked off.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
What air/fuel ratio did you end up at after tuning?

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #35 of 44 Old 05-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by max232 View Post
In your motorcycle, the maximum capacity is limited on all gears. Including the 6th gear.
In circled in red should be 100%
If you change to 100%, you will need to carry out a correction in these areas of the ignition and fuel maps
There are no ignition or fuel map differences in the EU map. Only the de-restriction of the ETV map. At least not in the 2018 maps I accessed in the included Woolich bin files.
post #36 of 44 Old 05-10-2019, 01:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomartian View Post
There are no ignition or fuel map differences in the EU map. Only the de-restriction of the ETV map. At least not in the 2018 maps I accessed in the included Woolich bin files.
No need to take EU maps as a reference.
At the dyno can be easily improved.
Of course noise will increase, CO will increase.
post #37 of 44 Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by max232 View Post
No need to take EU maps as a reference.
At the dyno can be easily improved.
Of course noise will increase, CO will increase.
Agreed. It can always be better. I read your post as implying there would be negative consequences to changing the ETV maps without adjusting other parameters. Just pointing out there is no basis for that assertion in Kawasaki's stock mapping. I might argue the opposite. That the ETV is out of whack on the US models, and changing the ETV to Euro spec puts fuel and ignition maps closer to optimum. It's just speculation though. As you say, without a proper tune we're still stuck with a map engineered to meet noise and emissions regulations, not optimize performance. When I'm done with my build I'll have 40lbs of middle finger to regulation sitting in a box in my garage. I must not be "woke."
post #38 of 44 Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Your bike looks great! You still had the CBR last year when we did the Advanced Basics 301 course at Blackhawk Farms. We had Jody Berry as our coach. I had the black 2016 zx-10r. Jason Farrell was there that day and he convinced me to let him work with my Woolich to tune it. He changed all the ETV settings to 100 and worked on the low rpm fueling. It was terrible before, now much better. I've got a link pipe, stock muffler, bmc air filter, sai blockoffs, and run pump premium fuel. He said it made 181 at the tire.
post #39 of 44 Old 06-06-2019, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladwign View Post
Your bike looks great! You still had the CBR last year when we did the Advanced Basics 301 course at Blackhawk Farms. We had Jody Berry as our coach. I had the black 2016 zx-10r. Jason Farrell was there that day and he convinced me to let him work with my Woolich to tune it. He changed all the ETV settings to 100 and worked on the low rpm fueling. It was terrible before, now much better. I've got a link pipe, stock muffler, bmc air filter, sai blockoffs, and run pump premium fuel. He said it made 181 at the tire.

I wish I could say I remember who you were but Iím old.

If you race CCS at all stop in and say hello, otherwise maybe at a track day.

We put mine on the Dyno and made 195 RWHP before I figured out 100% how to use the Woolich. After the dyno time I let it Auto Tune for an entire day of practice at ACC. I loaded that map and it runs great. Not sure exactly what the HP is now but Iíd say a minimum of 195. Runs good at low, mid, and high RPM as well as at idle.

Hope to see you at the track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40 of 44 Old 06-09-2019, 11:03 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

You bet! I'm thinking about doing the CCS weekend this month, but we'll see. Are you running race fuel to get 193hp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in