won a race camshaft! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
won a race camshaft!

well...I bought one actually!!.plus a .45 headgasket.from ebay!........224.99 for both!.......the problem is.......this guys only wants paypal through bank or paypal balance........no credit cards?......whats up with that?........I always use my debit card for ebay purchases and only transfer enough from bank to pay for the item I bought!.I don't like putting my bank acc info out there on the net!.......even if it is through paypal!....is this normal?..........sound shady?...........anybody dealt with this before?...thanks ...Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

Russ, didn't the price for the Kawi cam drop back down to $84?
post #3 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If it comes fromyour bank or paypal balance there are no fees on his end. If you use debit/credit card there is 3.5% taken out on his end. Did it state that you had to pay that way in the listing. If not tell him you can pay with debit or credit or nothing at all. If not stated in listing then he can't change after you won. If he starts shit report him to ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

well.it is kinda weird!..........it says that he does not take cc but at the bottom where I always check to see, it has the payments acceptable window and it has Paypal with all the cc listed...........and I read the threads about the cam comin back again just in the last two days!.......and it is NOT avail at all.yet or otherwise/!.....sent him email about it.......told him I always pay with debit card!...kinda thought it might be cuz extra fees included with cc use!...........we'll see what he says...he has not responded yet!.....he is out of york PA.............thought maybe he was a forum member...don't know?.....
.........all the COOL people that own a 10R are on this forum!!.......lol.......
anyway........if I have to do the bank transfer.........i WILL.......don't want the only race cam I have seen lately to slip away!
post #5 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I understand where you are coming from. just wait to see what he says and good luck.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
And you didnt just order one from say Advanced kawasaki for $80 and another $13 for a head gasket?
post #7 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
dude, you were the one bidding on that! i was thinking, "damn, whata sucker." you shouldve ron ayer's that shit and picked it up for a third of that price.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

guys!!....it is not available ANYMORE!!.........and when or if it does come back.I have been told by manythat it will be at 299.00!!..........
post #9 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymanruss518 View Post
well...I bought one actually!!.plus a .45 headgasket.from ebay!........224.99 for both!.......the problem is.......this guys only wants paypal through bank or paypal balance........no credit cards?......whats up with that?........I always use my debit card for ebay purchases and only transfer enough from bank to pay for the item I bought!.I don't like putting my bank acc info out there on the net!.......even if it is through paypal!....is this normal?..........sound shady?...........anybody dealt with this before?...thanks ...Russ

I bought my cam & .050 gasket thru a local dealership and paid less than 110.00 out the door. 79.95+ 16.95+ tax. Also I have used paypal for over 2 years now and never had a problem.
post #10 of 14 Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to BornSinner
I know that they list the cam on Kawasaki site for 299, I also know somebody that tried to order the cam through a local dealer....In the computer it was still around 84 but when the dealer placed the order it got kicked back stating the price change....

So Im in the dark about the whole, order it now ...or from here and it will still be cheaper...

All I have to say is good job EBAY SELLER.....Damn

PS.... bodymanruss518 if you have anybody else that is looking for the set-up for that price....I got a cam and .45 gasket new in the box.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in