Windscreen ??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-14-2004, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,311
Posting Frequency
 
Windscreen ???

I'm leaning towards another clear, but wondered if a light smoke might make the tach easier to view in direct sunlight (the 10s tach is miles better than the 636s). Anyone have experience and can comment?
The windblast makes me skittish at 130mph, does the screen direct the air away and make the bike "seem" more stable and confidence insipring?
BNninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 11-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Post Whore
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,179
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNninja
I'm leaning towards another clear, but wondered if a light smoke might make the tach easier to view in direct sunlight (the 10s tach is miles better than the 636s). Anyone have experience and can comment?
The windblast makes me skittish at 130mph, does the screen direct the air away and make the bike "seem" more stable and confidence insipring?
I've got a dark smoke PUIG race screen and yes, it directs a LOT of airflow over me at speed. I've went 172 indicated since installin' the screen and that was smoother (no bobble head effect and much less wind beatin' on ya) than 120-130 indicated was before the screen swap. It definitely increases confidence on the insane high speed runs.

Don't know how a light smoke would do but the dark smoke definitely shades the guages a lot better than the stock screen (yeah, I know... duh...).

Last edited by El Diablo; 11-14-2004 at 11:29 AM.
El Diablo is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 11-14-2004, 11:31 AM
WSB Rider
 
AFMEDIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 967
Posting Frequency
Images: 13
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
I've got a dark smoke PUIG race screen and yes, it directs a LOT of airflow over me at speed. I've went 172 indicated since installin' the screen and that was smoother (no bobble head effect) than 120-130 indicated was before the screen swap. Don't know how a light smoke would do but the dark smoke definitely shades the guages a lot better than the stock screen (yeah, I know... duh...).
Hey Diablo how does the Puig fit? Do you have any close ups with it mounted? The reason I asked is because I have a targa screen on my 7R and when you stand back a few feet it looks great but up close you can see gaps in it where it doesn't fit as good as it probably should. TIA bro

AFMEDIC
AFMEDIC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 11-14-2004, 11:37 AM
PostWhore
 
GuitarPlyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13,495
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
         
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMEDIC
Hey Diablo how does the Puig fit? Do you have any close ups with it mounted? The reason I asked is because I have a targa screen on my 7R and when you stand back a few feet it looks great but up close you can see gaps in it where it doesn't fit as good as it probably should. TIA bro

AFMEDIC
Check this thread:

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.p...highlight=puig
GuitarPlyr is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,869
Posting Frequency
 
i got the double bubble tinted...it does help with light and wind
MAVRIK is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 184
Posting Frequency
 
shogun screens suck ass!
livnpaintball is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fo Wo TEXAS
Posts: 11,176
Posting Frequency
Images: 25
           
Do any of ya'll actually look through your screens? I look over.
Andy is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Do any of ya'll actually look through your screens? I look over.
yup, but only in a full tuck which is 2% of the time.

BD




Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 11-16-2004, 09:58 PM
GP Star
 
crispin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nowhere, TN
Posts: 2,386
Posting Frequency
 
Send a message via AIM to crispin
I got the smoke double bubble.

I like it.

I don't know about seeing the tach better.

The tach sucks ass on are bikes.
crispin is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 11-17-2004, 02:07 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,830
Posting Frequency
Images: 2
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
yup, but only in a full tuck which is 2% of the time.

BD
Exactly

maybe 5%
sp500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: Stock windscreen trackaddict Parts, Gear and Accessories 1 06-16-2004 06:13 PM
bad stock windscreen FrEteGi The ZX-10R 0 06-16-2004 02:50 PM
Windscreen advice lucifer The ZX-10R 5 06-16-2004 12:40 PM
Windscreen ninja_12r2000 The ZX-10R 8 05-25-2004 12:39 AM
Kawasaki Accessories Windscreen! CanyonCarver The ZX-10R 24 05-08-2004 06:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome