Gen 2: 2006-2007 Will Gen 3 Front Forks Inners fit my Gen 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-08-2011, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Will Gen 3 Front Forks Inners fit my Gen 2

Was wondering if the inners ie. fork caps, rebound push rod, entire inside assembly fit inside my 2007 gen 2 tubes ? just changed my seals and didnt properly set one seal so i have to re do it . Was thinking since i am there i would upgrade the guts and have the titanium look cap instead of my red one which is fading due to sun exposure

Anyone have any information or can confirm this change will woork would be great .. I dont have the coin for Cartridge kits or upgrading beyond what I am hoping will work ..

If this will not work ... the slide tube that compresses the spring could i replace that plastic tube with a longer one on both sides to increase spring rate and compensate it with less rebound and compression or am i headed in the wrong direction in this thought process

________________Grip It And Rip It_________________

Last edited by Solo-Six; 05-08-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

All you SELF PROCLAIMED Race Junkies and World record setting MOTOGP racers and no one has a cross reference yay or nay for me .... how interesting

post #3 of 6 Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sorry man, I don't know if they'd fit but you could check the diameters in the race manuals to see. But won't you spend 3-400 on a set of Gen 3 forks? You can buy full race tech internals for that if you don't mind a little work. With gold valves and the right spring rate they should be much better than a stock Gen 3 fork would be

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by flthy1 View Post
Sorry man, I don't know if they'd fit but you could check the diameters in the race manuals to see. But won't you spend 3-400 on a set of Gen 3 forks? You can buy full race tech internals for that if you don't mind a little work. With gold valves and the right spring rate they should be much better than a stock Gen 3 fork would be
got a link for that kit .. and i have a bead on those inners for 60.00

Quote:
if you don't mind a little work
define ... work .. i cant fab nothin for suspension . i have limited resources in that area

post #5 of 6 Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I don't have a link, I just ordered mine through 303 cycle, 1 of our sponsors here. Check with 9r to 10r, I know he has Gen 3 ohlins forks in his Gen 1, not sure if he has any insight on the stock internals but he's pretty techy with this stuff

post #6 of 6 Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

the fork tube plastic can be spaced ( lengthened but i wouldn't ).
the only thing you need is a heavier spring .
i have the same bike as you and looking for similar answers.
the gen 2 has 8.5 N/mm spring rate, too soft unless your a jockey.
you want a heavier spring which should be cheap where you are, the cartridge doesn't set the sag or weight carrying side of your front forks.
i can get springs here in aussie for about a 100 bucks so you should be able to get cheaper cause they come from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in