Will ECU go into a limp mode if sceondary actuator is un plugged? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Will ECU go into a limp mode if sceondary actuator is un plugged?

subject states the question, i wanna get rid of this thing but i dont want it to throw the ecu into a limp mode, i know i can kinda do it myself but wondering if anyone has left it out???

I removed the rods and epoxyed the holes shut for more straight threw air flow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I did before and after dyno pulls with the secondary butteryfly shaft actuator plugged in / and unplugged. No difference on my '06. -Dean
post #3 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

cool thanx man, Ima pull the actuator off the secondarys and pull the servo motor out and just cover up the FI light, it come son occasinally since theres nothing to stop the motor from tuning to far.

I took the rods out of my throttle bodies and epoxied the holes closed. I guess when the actuator goes to open them up nothing stops them so it will set off my FI light.

Jsut more weight to come off the bike, about 2-3 lbs with the two of them together off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

If the ECU has a limp mode, then I would think it would only pull timing, if it saw knock or overheat conditions.As it doesnt read Lambda then it wouldnt default for other anomolies.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Look in your manual and see what the default setting will be with the code that is set with the actuator removed. Some fault codes don't cause the ecu to change anything, others, like a tps sensor fault, will default to a limp mode.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

I actually took it off today, I removed the exhaust servo motor and the secondary actuator, taped off the connections to keep the connections clean.

I knew the FI light was going to be on so i just placed some electrical tape over it to cover it up, bike runs just fine, air fuel was normal so i don't think theres anything to be worried about, im gunna be on the dyno tomm to tune anyways so i can see if theres any problems
post #7 of 13 Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to kingoose
Hi guys,

I think you might do a trick to make the FI light going off, if not, exhaust and secondary valves servos will burn themselves due to they are working continuosly searching for the "0" position. Normally, in two days they are burnt...

For the exhaust valve you can put a stay on the servo to simulate the cables top ends (available from akra, leo vince and so) , so the FI light goes off. For the secondary valve I don't know how to do it...

gas!

www.gassattack.com
post #8 of 13 Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The 10's servo does not work like the 600's in the effect that it has to have a limiter on it. You can unhook the cables and it will be fine.

The OP actually removed the servo for the exhaust valve and the electronic secondary motor and butterflys in the throttle bodies.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

yeah i had both the servo motor and the secondary actuator plugged in for a while but since i had a full system the exhaust servo just sat there and I had my throttle plates out for a while and i finally disassembled my throttle bodies and epoxied the holes shut where the rods went so that was just dead weight. I have had it unplugged since yesterday and all is good, i actually just came across a few top secret tricks to get that extra lil egde I'll be testing out, I wanna squeeze every last bit of hp outta this beast and drop all weight as possible.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to STONERs 05 ZX10 Send a message via Skype™ to STONERs 05 ZX10
Question Throttle bodie electrical issue

Ok after reading the post you guys have put up here it looks as if you have disconnected the butter fly servo motor and removed the butterfly flaps them self. is this correct??? Now my problem I am having with my 05 zx10 is I unplugged the butterfly flaps servo motor to gain better access to the spark plugs wires, I put in some new brisk spark plugs, I plugged the servo back in and started bike butter fly flaps stay in closed position after tinkering for a while unplugging battery letting it sit then disconnecting my power commander and hooking it back to stock with no change do you know if by leaving battery connected with key in off position if it would send some kind of error code to ecu and cause the kind of problems I am having????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in