whirring noise - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-07-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

whirring noise

ok i have around 21,000 miles now and am getting a strange whirring sound from about 3,000 - 5,000 rpm coming from the left side of the engine. it sounds like and owl is living in my tranny. it will make the noise while sitting still in neutral so i dont think it could be in the tranny. has anyone ever heard this before? it for sure sounds like a bearing but the noise goes away after 5,000rpm. are there any bearings on the left side of the engine known to go bad? the longest this thing has gone on 1 oil change is 1,800 miles so its not like it has had old worn out oil for the thing to be having bearing issues. i have a gtpp 5 year warranty but it seems like everytime i try to get something warrantied it ends up costing money and they feed me a bullshit story how warranty doesnt cover it. HELP!

Full Ti/CF Akrapovic EVO system, K&N filter, .045 Head gasket, Shaved & Ported head, Kawasaki race valve springs, Kawasaki race cams, PCIII + Ignition Module w/ rev extend, Removed secondary butterflies, Ivans TRE, PLX wideband, Orient Express clutch springs, Cut-down seat, Rifleman throttle insert, Muzzy links/Schnitz strap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

contact the factory regarding your warranty issues, sounds like a stealership line of bull to me. Make them fix your bike, you paid for it, and you expect it to operate properly.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
i have a whirring noise at the same RPMs...though mine comes from the exhaust...

- Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

how so from the exhaust? a leak? or is that a joke that im not picking up on.

Full Ti/CF Akrapovic EVO system, K&N filter, .045 Head gasket, Shaved & Ported head, Kawasaki race valve springs, Kawasaki race cams, PCIII + Ignition Module w/ rev extend, Removed secondary butterflies, Ivans TRE, PLX wideband, Orient Express clutch springs, Cut-down seat, Rifleman throttle insert, Muzzy links/Schnitz strap
post #5 of 7 Old 11-27-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Bump

post #6 of 7 Old 11-27-2008, 05:26 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

Assuming its an 06, only thing I can think of is maybe a stator or maybe you have something going on in the tranny. Hard to say without being there. Best thing is to take it to the dealer or a trusted mechanic friend and have them listen to it.

Like I said hard to diagnose these types of things over the net.

Tread

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The generator spin 2ed engine speed and can make the sound you described when the bushings get a little wear not too much to worry

High Velocity Cycles 2005 Ti ZX10R
Greeensboro NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in