where the best place to send a head to get decked - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

where the best place to send a head to get decked

i want to see if anyone has any recommendations on where to send a head to get decked. who does the best job? lookin to finish building my motor

GEN 5!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Any decent local machine shop can flycut a head. Just tell them how much you want taken off, and that it needs to be as smooth as possible.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

good return for the small expense. as disbat said, any good machine shop or engine builder. make sure it is not thrown on a sanding belt table as many car heads or stone cut, i learned the hard way, bit cut only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I dont know how far from NJ you are, but I used to work in an engine machine shop in Haledon, NJ (right outside of Paterson) called Haledon Auto Parts and the bought a new machine only a few yours back now that does a really nice job. They use a different cutter for aluminum and it gives a real nice finish. We did all the head work for the local dealers, hobbyists and some pro race teams.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

would you let them do the work if it was your head? im on long island not that far away. i would just ship it to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by BratNetwork View Post
I dont know how far from NJ you are, but I used to work in an engine machine shop in Haledon, NJ (right outside of Paterson) called Haledon Auto Parts and the bought a new machine only a few yours back now that does a really nice job. They use a different cutter for aluminum and it gives a real nice finish. We did all the head work for the local dealers, hobbyists and some pro race teams.

GEN 5!!!

post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 07:54 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08zx10rny View Post
would you let them do the work if it was your head? im on long island not that far away. i would just ship it to them
Absolutely. I never did any of that work to my bike yet but I've done some very HP engines for friends cars and I wouldn't use anyone else. Being that I worked there I know how meticulous they are and take pride in their work. Not just a get it done and get it out shop. I use to run the cylinder head department but now the guy that does used to live in CA and built racing heads for off shore racing boat motors all day. He also is a motorcycle guy but a chopper guy and custom builds all his own stuff.

Not sure if they still do, but when I was there they did all the machine work for Bergen Sport Cycles which is a local Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki dealer.

If you talk the them tell them Bret from Bogush recommended you and they will treat you real well. (973) 595-8200x2 ask for Steve or Al.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come

Last edited by BratNetwork; 05-06-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in