What is it and does it work?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
short tubes with bell shaped openings that reside inside the air box used to tune the intake velocity of incomming air before it hits the throttle bodies. I believe they can be altered in length to change your power delivery. I have never used them, the ones made for 04/05 got mixed reviews. It seems that the 06/07 guys are using short ones on all 4 intakes with good results. I'm sure another member can better explain the gains/ usefulness.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #3 of 14 Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks, seems like a good mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-13-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Any info on where and how to do them?
thanks
post #5 of 14 Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
Just take off your tank (You have to take your seat off to do that) and pop the air box top to get to them. They have a few bolts to hold them in. Its not a big deal to do them at all. Clean your air filter while you are in there if you haven't done it in a while. Total install time is approximately an hour or so. You can do it without taking the tank off but you will hate yourself for it because the back screws the hold the air box lid on are really hard to get to if you don't. BTW there are two hoses on the bottom of the tank, one fuel line and one overflow line.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-14-2007, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by axo250 View Post
Just take off your tank (You have to take your seat off to do that) and pop the air box top to get to them. They have a few bolts to hold them in. Its not a big deal to do them at all. Clean your air filter while you are in there if you haven't done it in a while. Total install time is approximately an hour or so. You can do it without taking the tank off but you will hate yourself for it because the back screws the hold the air box lid on are really hard to get to if you don't. BTW there are two hoses on the bottom of the tank, one fuel line and one overflow line.

Thanks for the info. Where do you buy them? Have you done this mod?
post #7 of 14 Old 05-14-2007, 03:02 AM

Posting Frequency

I know the 04s come with them stock, two short, two long. Garth will comment shortly and tell you to go with all shorties across the board, which means to replace your two long ones with factory short ones. RonAyers.com sells the factory shorties for around $5 a pop.
I haven't done this mod. The ZX-10R has fuggin' 160 hp at the wheel already as it is.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
I know the 04s come with them stock, two short, two long. Garth will comment shortly and tell you to go with all shorties across the board, which means to replace your two long ones with factory short ones. RonAyers.com sells the factory shorties for around $5 a pop.
I haven't done this mod. The ZX-10R has fuggin' 160 hp at the wheel already as it is.

Thanks, now I get it. But 160 is stock. Im sure I get more with full exhaust, pc and tre. And just a few more woudnt heart.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by axo250 View Post
on the 04/05 you don't have to take the tank off. You can even remove the whole airbox without removing the tank. Just hinge the tank up and prop it. If you go to a wrecker gixxer thous have a tank prop standard equipment and they are near perfect for the kawi

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #10 of 14 Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

pretty much all bikes have them and they are all set up very closely 2 outside stacks are small and the two inside stacks are long this is done to get the best of both worlds all short stacks help with high rpm power while all long stacks helps with low end power (thats why they use both to get a mixture of both high end and low end)

also why the new r1s have the variable stacks

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in