Are we all sure the Nissin's clear the rotors? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Are we all sure the Nissin's clear the rotors?

Ok, so after almost having the Nissin's for 6 months i installed them last night. I started with the left and it seems to me that the outer edge of the rotor is just ever so slightly "grazing" the top inside of the caliper. now i tried diff methods to confirm if it is or isnt', piece of painters tape, pencil mark, wasn't able to convince myself one way or the other.

They are on, lever feel is rock solid, wheel turns in both directions no question, but it sounds like it may be rubbing and not the same sound as it is with the pads floating on the rotor. Every one says its a direct bolt on for our 04 10R, but i was told the same thing about my Brembo's on the ROUSH and it wasnt the case.

Any ideas to confirm if it is or isn't?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I could have told you the Brembos would not clear the Roush wheels, lol, need the Cobra R wheels.

I have them on both my bikes and they are not rubbing on either, you should be able to pull tham off and remove the pads and inspect the caliper body real good and see if there is any contact being made, if there is just space a couple of washers in between the mounts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you have the stock or similar 300mm rotors, they should clear just fine. What you might be feeling/hearing is the new pads rubbing on the rotors. Once you ride it and the pads seat to the rotors, you won't notice as much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 02:12 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremewlr View Post
If you have the stock or similar 300mm rotors, they should clear just fine. What you might be feeling/hearing is the new pads rubbing on the rotors. Once you ride it and the pads seat to the rotors, you won't notice as much.
After a few miles and getting used to new solid brakes you wont notice it.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

aight, good to know, i'll take her for a spin tomorrow then. and btw, the lever is MUCH firmer, i think it has to do with the brake like position in the caliper relative to the bleed screw vs the tockico's.

and btw, the brembo's did clear everyone else's roush rims but mine for whatever reason. but, nothing that a 2mm thick spacer didn't fix!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 06:08 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Its a ferd wadda ya expect..

BD

post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
Yes 100% sure,they clear on the zx10r as well as the 05/06 zx6r.

have had them on both bikes and no issues at all
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Funny this topic came up. I just changed my pads and noticed something rubbing. rotors looked a little shiny on the top edge. So i took off the caliper that was rubbing and made sure the pads were installed correctly. After reassembleing the caliper, The scraping went away. Now I hear the pads rubbing against the rotors. I suppose the pads are still setting in??? I guess i'll let eat eat for a another hundred miles and check to see if their still rubbing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in