Want To Get The 2011 10r, But Losing Sleep On It - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ANIKI_THE_EXILED Send a message via Yahoo to ANIKI_THE_EXILED
Want To Get The 2011 10r, But Losing Sleep On It

Ok, I have been thinking about this almost every night before fall asleep. Even though not everybody might be on the same page as I am, but to those who seem to have the answer to almost everything in this forum are welcome for their opinions. I've been hearing a lot that the new 10r will need the race ecu to bypass the restriction. Besides from price, this kinda upsets me. Even though I already intended on purchasing a race ecu for this bike but not to just get power that was restricted but for the same reason as anyone else would get a race ecu for there UNRESTRICTED bike. On the otherside there has been talks that the restriction can be bypassed by some trick wiring or whatever. Now that seems more appealing to me, even though it may risk voiding the warranty. My question/concern is that while the other manufactures make a descent sportbike and later a race ecu is release for more performance, why couldn't the same be applied to this new 10r? Can someone please tell me or make an educated guess if the race ecu will just unrestrict the 10r or deliver more performance as if I was to installing it on a euro 10r? If I'm not making any sense then just say so, I would love to clarify. I'm losing sleep on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I think these are the questions all of us have had running through our minds. The only thing to do at the point is wait until members start popping up with the new 10's. Right now its all just speculation, unless Kawi has a technical engineer hiding in our member's list, lol. I'm with you, it sucks getting shafted on the hp side of the bike, but atleast they are shipping the exact same bike, minus unregulated ecu. Chances are we are going to see more and more of this in the future.....
post #3 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ANIKI_THE_EXILED Send a message via Yahoo to ANIKI_THE_EXILED
I mean with the euro 10r and the beemer, the 10r obviously owns the beemer. GREAT! But, just as the beemer can make mods to get more ponies out of its powerful engine, I would like to make mods just as the beemer minus worring about getting restricted power back. Getting the power back by getting a race ecu is kinda of a set-back, or just redundant. I mean................. isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

It'll be the way to go cause you won't need to get a pc and it'll make more power than the supposed stock 10r
post #5 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You will be able to do more with the kit ecu than freeing up some ponies. Air/fuel, timing, quick shifter connection, probably mess with traction control and ABS settings and turn them off, launch controll etc. Yes it is a marketing plan for Kawi to make more money, but if you plan on buying a Bazzaz or PC5, you may as well get a kit ecu. What will cost an arm and a leg, and has been the issue is the cord you have to buy to connect a laptop to the ecu to tune it. The current one for 2nd and 3rd gen is around $600. You gotta pay to play Just buy a slip on and some good rubber and go to bed, no need to loose any sleep over it. Some body will figure out what wire to connect to what wire or bypass to do what the kit ecu will do to free up that hp. I wouldnt be in any rush to buy the new bike, its got to prove what it can do on the track and on this forum from new owners before I'd buy it. BTW the current kit ecu for 2nd and 3rd gen bikes voids the warrenty now, i dont see that changing with the 2011

Last edited by Ninja187; 11-03-2010 at 05:37 PM.
post #6 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

this is crazed. losing sleep? I like bikes and all, but damn! don't worry about things you cant control!

my impression is that the rev limit has been lowered for north america so you cannot access the peak HP attainable elsewhere. if the rev limiter can be raised in the ECU (or replaced by race ecu), the engine internals are the same so you will be able to hit peak horsepower. we wont know what kawasaki implements until the bike is released and people start to tinker with it. it may be easy, it may be hard. but it will void your warranty...

either way, the bike is likely to be pretty fast as-is...so I wouldnt lose TOO much sleep. how much time are you spending banging through the gears to redline?
post #7 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
You will be able to do more with the kit ecu than freeing up some ponies. Air/fuel, timing, quick shifter connection, probably mess with traction control and ABS settings and turn them off, launch controll etc. Yes it is a marketing plan for Kawi to make more money, but if you plan on buying a Bazzaz or PC5, you may as well get a kit ecu. What will cost an arm and a leg, and has been the issue is the cord you have to buy to connect a laptop to the ecu to tune it. The current one for 2nd and 3rd gen is around $600. You gotta pay to play Just buy a slip on and some good rubber and go to bed, no need to loose any sleep over it. Some body will figure out what wire to connect to what wire or bypass to do what the kit ecu will do to free up that hp. I wouldnt be in any rush to buy the new bike, its got to prove what it can do on the track and on this forum from new owners before I'd buy it. BTW the current kit ecu for 2nd and 3rd gen bikes voids the warrenty now, i dont see that changing with the 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkt View Post
this is crazed. losing sleep? I like bikes and all, but damn! don't worry about things you cant control!

my impression is that the rev limit has been lowered for north america so you cannot access the peak HP attainable elsewhere. if the rev limiter can be raised in the ECU (or replaced by race ecu), the engine internals are the same so you will be able to hit peak horsepower. we wont know what kawasaki implements until the bike is released and people start to tinker with it. it may be easy, it may be hard. but it will void your warranty...

either way, the bike is likely to be pretty fast as-is...so I wouldnt lose TOO much sleep. how much time are you spending banging through the gears to redline?
First off YES I do lose sleep over this. I eat, sleep, and masturbate bikes............................ Yep, I said it.

Second, Thank you for the info, it will help. I don't mind paying to play a little, I just wouldn't want to be throwing money around for non-existant ponies. I just want a bike that'll make that'll own the beemer, is that too much to ask for.
post #8 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post
It'll be the way to go cause you won't need to get a pc
Is that true? So you won't need a piggy back(power commander, bazzazz, etc.) if you get the ecu kit?
post #9 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKI_THE_EXILED View Post
Is that true? So you won't need a piggy back(power commander, bazzazz, etc.) if you get the ecu kit?
yes that is true
post #10 of 44 Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqui View Post
yes that is true
So a piggy pack won't add any power if you program the ecu kit properly? And a piggy back will just be money down the drain then. Ok, please explain if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in