Volumetric Efficiency and other info - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Volumetric Efficiency and other info

Anyone have any idea what the Volumetric Efficiency of the ZX is, or the Break Specific fuel Consumption?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO but it hauls ass!!!!!..what's that translate to in a "volumetric syntrifical" value?
post #3 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO but it hauls ass!!!!!..what's that translate to in a "volumetric syntrifical" value?
Thanks for the bump I guess.

Does everyone on this forum have a grade school level education and zero curiosity to know what physically goes on with their equipment? I suppose ignorance and stupidity doesn't mean you can nto go fast. If someone just had some logs with MAF readings, Map Readings and temperatures I could just calculate it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 03:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkwunos View Post

Does everyone on this forum have a grade school level education and zero curiosity to know what physically goes on with their equipment? I suppose ignorance and stupidity doesn't mean you can nto go fast. If someone just had some logs with MAF readings, Map Readings and temperatures I could just calculate it...
Um... that probably wasn't the best way to obtain any help or information.

I don't personally know the answer to your questions but there are people on .net that likely do. I'm not sure how receptive they will be to your approach.
post #5 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

I don't personally know the answer to your questions but there are people on .net that likely do. I'm not sure how receptive they will be to your approach.
And the answer I got was much better? Please tell me how my post did not adequately describe the first post I received EVER on the site... This isn't off topic, its not "arrr biks r fast yu thunk?" section, it is performance and tech. I guess if you have more than 1 post you can just be an ass and laugh at peoples questions because you have no conceptual understanding of them.
post #6 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

I concur, Sasquatch. I think our new friend either lacks an adequate sense of humor, or is too lacking in patience to locate a member with the specific info and background to assist in his inquiry. Either way, the lack of tact and hostility will most definitely undermine his efforts, as no one likes a new guy who comes across as an ..

We all have different educational backgrounds; perhaps just not in the area you find beneficial, Perk. (Ucla Class of '94)
post #7 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you know the power that your engine puts out, and the conditions, you can use this online calculator from Eric Fahlgren to backwards-calculate VE and BSFC. But assumptions will need to be made, every motor is a little different.

http://not2fast.com/turbo/glossary/turbo_calc.shtml

Last edited by dsabat; 11-06-2010 at 02:35 PM.
post #8 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 03:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
And the answer I got was much better? Please tell me how my post did not adequately describe the first post I received EVER on the site... This isn't off topic, its not "arrr biks r fast yu thunk?" section, it is performance and tech. I guess if you have more than 1 post you can just be an ass and laugh at peoples questions because you have no conceptual understanding of them.
If you need it spelled out for you I'll happily do that.

The first response that you received wasn't quite what you were looking for. Big deal. You're on the internet asking for advice in the middle of the night on a Friday. What did you expect to get? Lighten up, Francis. Last I checked, TMY10ER was a respected member of this site. Perhaps he has a sense of humor that doesn't match yours.

Implying that everyone, and you did say everyone, is ignorant, stupid and uneducated is a poor way to ask for advice. If you had any sense of social graces, common courtesy or a shred of dignity you would probably have known that.

I'm going to take my 2 degree having, ignorant, stupid ass elsewhere and happily ignore the rest of this thread. I had a bad night and don't have any desire to listen to anyone's BS.
post #9 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

I know what both terms mean (although I'm sure the OP meant "brake specific fuel consumption"!)

But, this information is not easy to come by. It will also vary depending on RPM and engine load. There is no fixed number for either one. There is a performance map, with RPM on one axis and engine load (normally referred to in terms of BMEP - "brake mean effective pressure") on the other, with curves showing the BSFC at each point. Takes a lot of dyno testing to obtain this.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 30 Old 11-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:

I was just poking fun man BUT after that reply.......you can calculate and bump a set of hairy nuts in your mouth........is THAT grade school enough for you ya prick! OH and best of luck with your quest for results......did you try the "SEARCH" feature we have here or is that to "simple" for you?....

Last edited by TMY10ER; 11-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in