Velocity Stacks - worth the $225 for added hp?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 08-05-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Velocity Stacks - worth the $225 for added hp??

I'm debating a set of Factory Pro Velocity Stacks - is it worth it? Upside, downside?

Check out the claimed 2-6hp on these dynocharts http://www.hardracing.com/Factory%20...cityStacks.htm

Last edited by STurner; 08-06-2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: remove photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't you have a 3rd Gen 10?

If so, we do not have the flat stacks like that.

post #3 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN10 View Post
Don't you have a 3rd Gen 10?

If so, we do not have the flat stacks like that.
Good catch those are the only pics I could find, they're from a ZX6R! (deleted photo)

Now if someone can answer my question? What about those Factory Pro Dyno Charts - legit?

Last edited by STurner; 08-06-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i think they're a rip off, personal opinion. 225 bucks for a few bucks worth of aluminum and a couple minutes on a cnc lathe. they could sell these all day for 80 bucks and still turn a healthy profit, and they would sell a shit load more of them so in the long run they'd probably make alot more money.
post #5 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

They shift the power band around imho (ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL). Your also going to need a custom tune afterwards. Its one of those very last mods that you do to your bike.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #6 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My shop told me they will add substantial power in the mid-range - that's where the '08 has a bit of a gap. Don't want it to steal from the top or bottom though.
post #7 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My bike was not stock so you might get diff results. You will probably gain a little down low and possibly gain 5hp in the midrange and possibly lose 2 up top. Those were my results but my bike is not stock. I had to retune the bike after installing some stacks. You will probably have to retune to net the gains. Last mod then get a tune.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #8 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
they shift the power band around imho (robbing peter to pay paul). Your also going to need a custom tune afterwards. Its one of those very last mods that you do to your bike.

Ignorance is the enemy, let's set the record straight. If history must repeat itself, why worry while you wait?- Rodney Crowell
post #9 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
They shift the power band around imho (ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL). Your also going to need a custom tune afterwards. Its one of those very last mods that you do to your bike.
I bet it does redistribute power. I had a 2006 Z350 which had all kinds of top end but lacked mid-range as the other Zs. Guys were buying expensive plenum spacers or throttle bodies (same concept, like raising the intake stack on a motorcycle). This produced significant power gain in the mid-range but definately robbed from the top. Nice around town but not the best for 1/4 mile.
post #10 of 32 Old 08-06-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Check out the dyno for the ZX10R - it's showing up to 5.5hp mostly in the upper range but definate gains in mid & upper. There's no loss at the bottom.

Source: http://www.hardracing.com/Factory%20...cityStacks.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in