Velocity Stacks - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Velocity Stacks

Hey I ordered some velocity stacks for my ZX10R. I want to know what people think of them and if they like them. If there is someone that has them do they have a good map? I will not be home to do anything to my bike till July, but i want to find out what people think. I plan on putting it on the Dyno to get me my own personalized map. peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

they seem to sound alright. As far as how much hp they add, guess it depends on which year bike you have. I just installed them on my 06 this winter. Cant really tell if it made a difference cause I added a cam, head gasket, ignition module, different map, different ignition timing and 16 tooth sprocket. The bike overall from last summer to now. Night and day. I would have to say they are not worth the money or bang for the buck. A 16 tooth sprocket is. Good luck

2006 Pearl Solar Yellow. Yoshi R22, PC3, Ignition Module, TRE, Velocity Stacks, Butterfly Mod, Cat removed, Intake Race Cam, .45 Head Gasket & K&N
post #3 of 44 Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
They aren't a huge difference by themselves. Its just a piece of the puzzle in the mod game. Don't get the bike remapped just for the stacks. Wait till you get something like an exhaust to go get it mapped. If you've been mapped previously, you won't be far off by just adding the V-stacks.

"Besides, my ZX-10R eats GSX-Rs for breakfast." -- SportRider Magazine Article
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Superbike Racer

Posting Frequency

Regarding the ZX-10R 2008 model.
Heard from another Kawasaki Superbikeracer of a cheap modification regarding the velocity stacks. Instead of buying expensive ones, you order 2 more of the right one from Kawasaki. (The one most to the right hand side if your sitting om the bike looking forward ) :) and then you change both of the middle ones to the ones you just ordered.

N-TRADE RACING
Check out the website www.n-trade.se/racing
If you have Facebook -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/N-T...18149028208812
post #5 of 44 Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing22 View Post
Regarding the ZX-10R 2008 model.
Heard from another Kawasaki Superbikeracer of a cheap modification regarding the velocity stacks. Instead of buying expensive ones, you order 2 more of the right one from Kawasaki. (The one most to the right hand side if your sitting om the bike looking forward ) :) and then you change both of the middle ones to the ones you just ordered.
IM not sure what the right ones are but i read that we should add 2 short stacks to make all our stacks short for best performance. Can anyone back me up on this?
post #6 of 44 Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Man I got mine 3 weeks ago I love em. My bike is real torquey now and has a deceit sound; but then I gutted the cat, put my A&R baffles in and have a lightweight sprocket. I havent mapped mines just yet, got the commander at home but just need time. And Dirt Ninja you need 2 short stacks that are located on the outer left and right inside the air filter compartment. By having all short stack you get more torque and a lil more sound
post #7 of 44 Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Superbike Racer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
IM not sure what the right ones are but i read that we should add 2 short stacks to make all our stacks short for best performance. Can anyone back me up on this?
At least i know that the right velocity stack is shorter than the two ones in the middle, so yes...all stacks will be short with this mod. I havenīt tried this mod myself so i canīt verify. Someone with good ZX-10 knowledge should be able to verify how the bike will react with all stacks short.

N-TRADE RACING
Check out the website www.n-trade.se/racing
If you have Facebook -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/N-T...18149028208812
post #8 of 44 Old 04-18-2008, 04:40 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

When I put my velocity stacks they made a HUGE difference...but then yet I also put nitrous, a turbocharger, extended swingarm, 58T rear sproket 24T front sproket, BEET exhaust, Power Commander III, DynoJet ignition module, thinner head gasket, 3x3 big bore / stroke kit and 30 lbs of weight reduction on the bike at the same time.

post #9 of 44 Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

"Which" stacks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbard View Post
they seem to sound alright. As far as how much hp they add, guess it depends on which year bike you have. I just installed them on my 06 this winter. Cant really tell if it made a difference cause I added a cam, head gasket, ignition module, different map, different ignition timing and 16 tooth sprocket. The bike overall from last summer to now. Night and day. I would have to say they are not worth the money or bang for the buck. A 16 tooth sprocket is. Good luck
Hio !

You wrote that you installed "velocity stacks" and left out "which brand" of velocity stacks.

If you did all the rest of the stuff at the same time, the question begs to be asked...... What did the stacks do?? Zero? 3? 5? 6 hp?

I think that your point is that a $25 sprocket = a nice big difference in the feel of the bike - but certainly, a $350 ignition module (I'm guessing it's a dynojet) is a waste of money, as it only changes the hp a percent or so (since it only changes the ignition timing +/- 2 degrees...... yeah ;-) I know that the software says +/- 10 :-)

The stack thing comes up in a lot of forums and people say "stacks", but that could mean short stock stacks, long stock stacks, some other guy's billet stacks or our patented stacks.

Thanks (in good humor)

Marc
Factory Pro Tuning

Last edited by Marc Salvisberg; 04-25-2008 at 04:37 PM.
post #10 of 44 Old 04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey guys!

Since the 04/05 and the 06/07 and the 08 are totally different stacks, could some of you guys edit your posts and make it more obvious what year you are talking about?

I'm envisioning some guy reading the 08 stuff on this thread and going out and buying 2 of the short 04/05 stacks for his 04/05 10... (and that's a pretty bad power losing combination!)

And he'll post that "stacks don't work" in a thread.... sigh and wink!

Marc

Last edited by Marc Salvisberg; 04-25-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in