Vega V-Tune Helmet - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Vega V-Tune Helmet

Anyone tried one of these out? Mine is supposed to be arriving this evening. It seems pretty cool...

http://www.vegahelmet.com/v-tune.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
bit late to ask now you got it bought already..Me personally it the 1st i seen of it..
post #3 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm not very impressed. It arrived missing some parts, and the construction is a bit rough- definitely not as nice as my Bell. I think it might be a dud since the microphone is literally just hanging down and the glue to hold it into an ear piece of some sort is oozing out....

To make matter worse MCS shipped it without any packing material but they are going to accept a full refund (they are paying shipping too). Vega customer service was very friendly and said I should return it because of the missing parts. Still I am a bit worried about the quality control...

Maybe I'll try the Element Fast Track helmet instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to billshut2003
How much did it run you, I wan ta bluetooth helmet but after your last post it doesnt look like a good product
post #5 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

$230.

I think mine was just a dud. From what I have heard from MCS, they are supposed to be good helmets. I'm just a bit worried because mine was definitely hastily thrown together and missing parts. I don't think there is an excuse for missing parts and having the glue just oozing out of the plastic head-phone looking piece. Vega customer service was excellent though.

I ordered an Element Fasttrack this morning as a replacement.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to billshut2003
Thanks for the info. My wife wants a blue tooth helmet now so she can bug me while riding. I just wanna listen to music whithout having ear phones in, let me know how the other helmet is
post #7 of 8 Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
dude..buy a pair of blue ant interphones....waaayyyyy better..
post #8 of 8 Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

The Element was OK but I think it was incompatible with my phone since it would loose connection every 5 seconds of playing music or phone calls. The phone is an Android.

The basic quality level of the Element seemed OK but it certainly wasn't comfortable. They put the speakers in the chin strap so if you have the chin strap even remotely snug and then go riding the strap hurts your ears. It doesn't help that on the highway the buffeting makes the thing move around (duh) and it makes the speakers try to "box" your ears which becomes very painful after a little bit of riding. I tried to adjust the speakers but they are stitched in there so they can't move. The cheek padding is also right behind the strap so it makes the speakers go on an angle that dives into your ear.

The Vega, by contrast, did have movable speakers but they were so quiet I couldn't hear them with my bike idling!

I wish Bell made BT helmets. The Bell is by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. I suppose to each their own, but I'm just very happy with it. Anyone try the Bell Star? That thing looks sweet! The Bell Vortex has speaker pockets, maybe I will just get one of those and then get a chatterbox or something similar.

Any thoughts?

And what is Blue Ant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in