8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-10-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Using a Power commander with 07 10r

Hello folks,

I am looking for information, when i purchased this bike it came with a Power commander unhooked at the battery under the seat, i have never used them before but i am curious as to how much of a change it would bring to the ride, I am impressed with the power I already have at the twist of my wrist. Suggestions ... leave well enough alone? The bike has more than enough to offer without it anyway ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
It's more than unhooked at the battery if the bike runs lol. The PCV bypasses 4 injector plugs and some other stuff. Idk why the previous owner would leave it in there unplugged... interesting...

A PCV won't do you any good unless you've got the right map on it or plan to have the bike dynotuned. It's not as plug and play as you think it is and can sometimes do more harm than good. You're better off getting the ECU flashed or something and parting out the PCV if you want to notice anything...

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...ki-zx10-06-07/

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 07-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
If you have the stock exhaust just leave it as is.

For the 07 there is no point in getting a canned flash by sending the ecu away. You need a custom proper dyno (or street) tune for your bike by either a flash or mapping the PC. Both options will be fine. If you have a aftermarket exhaust you can benefit a little from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`m just in for the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-10-2018, 03:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Tell us more about your setup? Exhaust? Filter?
post #5 of 20 Old 07-11-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
other than the twin Akropovic exhaust, i am not sure what the filter brand is, i haven't taken the bike apart at all
post #6 of 20 Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have a PC3 on mine with the same exhaust and a BMC filter. There is a map out there for this exhaust and a K&N filter, which should be close. Mine runs great, but I can't say that it didn't before.
post #7 of 20 Old 07-11-2018, 08:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

From my personal experience, if interested in the ecu flash talk to the guy before you just send him your shit.

Before I found out about flashing our ECU's I got mine tuned via Dyno and a custom map installed on the Power Commander. Then when I found out about the ECU stuff, I sent mine off and told him I had the custom map on my Power commander already so there was no need to do anything to the fueling tables, he advanced the timing some and I believe they're able to make the secondary butterflies open a bit more sooner.

After that ecu flash I could tell a huge difference in how my bike ran. Speaking of which, I need to get my shit flashed again but I'm gonna remove the Power Commander this time and just get everything tuned via the ECU.

Edit: I also have the same exhaust too but w/ K&N filter. My was tuned when I had the Yoshimura cans though, I'm interested to see if there's any power gains with the Akrapovic's after a re-tune but I doubt it.

Last edited by NinjaLife; 07-11-2018 at 08:06 AM.
post #8 of 20 Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
so my understanding is that the ecu tuning/flashing can make all the changes, is that correct?
what is the financial side of this?
buy the new ecu if your in the driving season and send it away to get flashed and install it when it arrives by making the switch?
post #9 of 20 Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Any change you can make on a PCV you can make via flashing the ECU (and then some). Schnitz charges $70-something. I overnighted my ECU to my tuner on a Wednesday and Got it back Friday. Most places should have a 24hr or less turn around time. It sounds like you think you need to buy a new ECU too.. you just send in whatever one is on the bike right now.

When in doubt... send it!
post #10 of 20 Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I think he's just saying since it's riding season and he doesn't want any downtime on the bike that he'll buy an extra ECU to ship out and get flashed so he can continue to ride. Not a bad idea but I got sent mine off and got it back in about a week, granted the guy that flashed mine is only about 6 Hours away at most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in