Undertail HELP!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-30-2006, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Undertail HELP!!!

I am wantin to take my rear fender off and not have blinkers and everyone says "its just like four bolts" but I have heard that if you just unbolt it it will cause the tailpiece to crack if you dont put in "spacers" if someone could take pictures of where these spacers are supposed to go and what I should use for spacers I would be appreaciative thanks guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yes you do need someting to lift the bottom of the tail up like the rear fender did. Mine cracked and I got it warrantied and then fiberglassed the new one so it would not crack again.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-30-2006, 04:05 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

just put the two screws back in the tailpiece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtusmc96
Yes you do need someting to lift the bottom of the tail up like the rear fender did. Mine cracked and I got it warrantied and then fiberglassed the new one so it would not crack again.
so the point is to lift the tailsection back up to the underside frame/trunk area?...I'm about to make some pieces to fit in the holes left by removing the crappy flap/turnsignal/plate assembly. Do I just make them screw into the stock holes? or do I need them to somehow connect to the rear fairing and maybe hold it up to the trunk area?

05 ZX-10R Green *SOLD* - Champs Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools; Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight; Clear Euro Signals; H7 Silverstars ; 1/5th Throttle Mod; Ivan's Block Off Plates; Hyperpro Steering Damper; OEM Solo Seat Cowl; Hindle Ti High Mount Exhaust shortened 4 in; SuperLED green running lights, LEDMods.net Green Speedo; GIPro gear indicator w/ TRE
post #5 of 5 Old 03-30-2006, 11:18 AM

Posting Frequency

i just bolted my license plate up to the stock holes using an L bracket. put all 4 bolts back in and voila. (on my '05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in