Originally I was going to use the AEM FI/C 8 for tuning since it can control 8 injectors and has timing control all in one box. Not only that but I can still modify the N/A fueling by TPS load maping like a power commander, then when in boost I use the built in map sensor to use as a load reference for boost fuel and timing mapping. Its really the ideal way to tune one of these if its going to stay on the stock ECU. That and its like a fraction of the cost of the full deal power commander or bazzaz, and those can't do load by manifold pressure once in boost.
So my original plan was to keep the stock primary injectors as they were, for idle and part throttle, and have the secondary injectors modded (made larger) to cover the boost fueling since they blend in right about when boost would be coming in anyways. So I sent the secondaries out to get modified at fuel injector clinic. The secondaries flowed about 210CC stock and had a nearly perfect spray pattern. Come to find out these tiny little midget injectors are so bad ass and so well designed they were able to modify them to flow 830CC.. Jens at FIC said thats the most gains they've even gotten from modifying an injector.
Next we bought a collector that we thought would work, turns out it was way too long and the angles were not adequate so we made our own collector (all we do at our shop is make custom turbo stuff anyways).. We cut out the exhaust flanges on our CNC plasma table the had to grind down the corners so they would recess into the studs far enough to seal.
Once all that was done we finnished up the manifold, wastegate, downpipe, dumptube setup and called it a night.
Next up was the plenum and charge pipeing. I'll post pics of all that tommorrow. it was kind of a pain to get a plenum that had enough volume, that would fit between the sides of the frame and had room for a charge pipe inlet and a blow off valve. We ended up making block off plates for the reed valve breathers on top. The one of the left side will be sealed off and the one on the right will have an AN fitting on it going into a catch can shared with and that will drain back into the crank case vent.
Because of space constraints I decided to run a single stage of fuel injection for now, we were going to run it dual stage with the FI/C 8 like it comes factory but the logistics of using the 2nd stage of injection above the throttle bodies within a pressurized plenum seemed not worth the hassle so for now its gonna run a single stage of inejction. Because of this change we're ditching the stock ECU and FI/C 8 and I'm ordering a Haltech Platnium 2000 next week. Since the secondary injectors are a different package than the primaries I had to send out the primaries to get the modded to flow more. I got a call from them today, they said the primaries flowed 310CC stock and they were able to get 700CC out of them. Thats should just barely be enough fuel for 300HP on E85. The good thing was they flowed 700CC at 50PSI fuel pressure and I had them test to see what kind of pressure they injectors would take without having issues firing. They ran them all way up to 10bar of pressure (140PSI) with no issues, so if I run out of fuel i can just up the base pressure an should be fine..
I gutted out all the stock wiring and realised kawasaki uses what I can figure just from a quick glance a solid state relay box for all the electronics. So my next step is to gut out all of the ECU stuff from the harness and just keep the wiring for the lights, charging system, and starting system.. Everything else wil be run by the Haltech. I've been trying to locate a FSM for it so I can get on with the wire hacking, but the one posted on here I downloaded won't open for some reason :( .. Anyways, I'll post some more pics tommorrow and keep this thread updated as we progress.