Tuning options? Woolich, FT,.....?...? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 07-12-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Tuning options? Woolich, FT,.....?...?

I'm trying to sort through tuning options. I've seen Woolich and Flash Tune..... what else is out there and why is one better than the others. I don't want to open a can of worms, I just want the down-low before making the purchase. I've found a pretty good deal on a flash tune bike side setup but the Woolich community seems to be a bit larger and more involved. Are there other options that I've missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-12-2019, 06:37 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I have the KIT stuff and seems to work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't know these answers anymore, but here is what I would want to know:

Do I have to be connected to the internet to flash a bike? With Woolich last time I checked I didn't, but maybe this has changed. I know I leave the software open to avoid the loading time.

Can I return the ecu back to a condition another program can flash it? meaning if I flash with FT and I visit a tuner with Woolich, can the Woolich tuner flash my bike? Is there a way to essentially "own" my ecu again.

Other than those two items both of them do essentially the same thing. I am not sure if they offer anything different on the model bike you have.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 07-12-2019, 01:11 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Use Woolich. /thread and go read the damn forums where it's been rehashed 5,000 times already

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #5 of 18 Old 07-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Auto blip free with Woolich, thats enough reason alone
post #6 of 18 Old 07-13-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I went with the Woolich USB M v3 package. The main reason being that they seem to have a much more active community than the other choices. I appreciate all of the replies, even the not-so-informative (prickish) one. I guess I was just hoping maybe there were more options to choose from but it doesn't seem so. I guess I could have included that my bike is a 2019 so no-need for the blipper but for those who don't already have it, I could see where that would be a big plus, I love it on my bike.
michael4012 likes this.
post #7 of 18 Old 07-15-2019, 11:51 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

there are hundreds of threads with your exact question, spend 5 minutes of searching and reading before posting. and my post was informative, i told you want to use, and it was the right choice and you weren't steered wrong.

Shut up and ride.

post #8 of 18 Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
Use Woolich. /thread and go read the damn forums where it's been rehashed 5,000 times already
Itís funny how everybody on this site wonders why itís so dead with responses to questions like this. Believe it or not some may want an opinion from summer 2019 not March of 2016 when this bike and itís tuning options came out. If I were the op Iíd go to the various fb and ig pages that actually want new posts from new people if even if they might have been discussed 3 f ing years ago. The ďUse the search buttonĒ was a fine response when the site got more than 1 posts a week. ✌️
jamaicanj and JTRASAP like this.

More cowbell
post #9 of 18 Old 07-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Another option is Tuneboy (https://www.tuneboy.com.au/), I've looked at this for my Panigale. They are pretty popular with the Ducati guys. I run Woolich on my 1st gen.
post #10 of 18 Old 07-16-2019, 11:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1000 View Post
f

Itís funny how everybody on this site wonders why itís so dead with responses to questions like this. Believe it or not some may want an opinion from summer 2019 not March of 2016 when this bike and itís tuning options came out. If I were the op Iíd go to the various fb and ig pages that actually want new posts from new people if even if they might have been discussed 3 f ing years ago. The ďUse the search buttonĒ was a fine response when the site got more than 1 posts a week. ✌️
i don't see you chiming in and answering the question. what oil and what tires should he use while you're at it.

Shut up and ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in