TRE worth doing?
So if I understand this correctly, the timing retarder eliminator (TRE) is supposed to allow the bike to run without timing retarding in the first 4 gears. So this allows the bike to accelerate as it should barring emissions and safety concerns.
1. smoother transition on/off throttle in first 4 gears at any rpm.
2. more power in first 4 gears.
3. Bolt on, no splicing (Ivan's).
1. How is rideability? Improved?
2. Any adverse affects?
3. When you are cranked over and about to feed the throttle, will the TRE increase smooth power delivery?
I read on the list that some users have an abnormally high idle for the first 20 seconds or so? Awsome how-to install guide in the performance section btw.
For those who did the mod, would you do it again?
Would prefer comments to those who have real world experience using this.