Gen 1: 2004-2005 TRE with or without sec flies removed - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
zx racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsboro, AL
Posts: 3,763
Posting Frequency
      
TRE with or without sec flies removed

hey guys just wondering is it ok to remove the sec flies with a TRE installed or is it best to leave them in... any feedback anybody can share will be appreciated.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
zx racer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 03:38 PM
GP Rider
 
codyc_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deridder LA
Posts: 1,764
Posting Frequency
           
I had them removed with a TRE on my 06.


Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
codyc_13 is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Champion Rider
 
meanstreak5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: glasgow ky
Posts: 445
Posting Frequency
Images: 8
  
Still have a little restriction of flow with them in and the servo motor has to still open them up. The TRE just tricks the computer into thinking the bike is in 6th gear or 5th one cant remember. There is a soft and hard setting on the one I have (GI pro ATRE). I keep mine on the soft setting which has seemed to help with it being so jumpy when exiting a corner while rolling on the gas. I dont think you will get a noticeable change in performance with them out as opposed to being in with a TRE. I already had mine out when I installed the TRE.

2000 WR400 SM, 2004 KTM 300EXC, 2005 1800 Wing, 2006 ZX10R, 2017 ZX10R
meanstreak5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
TRE the Ivans one or home made tricks the ECU (Edit) thinks that it's stuck in Neutral gear so faster on off sub-throttle I believe....if your running a PCIII I would just remove the TRE unless your going to map with that alone.

bloo

____________________________________________

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
bluedevil is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Track Day Rider
 
preybird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slc, UT
Posts: 117
Posting Frequency
 
tre?

A 1st gen zx10 needs a custom map to run a TRE properly. The secondary butterflies can be removed in 20 minutes as long as you don't strip the screws out!! The TRE has nothing to do with the secondary flies or there operation.

Last edited by preybird1; 06-30-2012 at 04:20 PM.
preybird1 is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Track Day Rider
 
preybird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slc, UT
Posts: 117
Posting Frequency
 
Info from ivans performance web page


2004 & 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R (requires special mapping)
(use TRE-006 - $60.00)

TRE-008 - $70.00
2006 - 2010 ZX-14
Increases power below 6000 rpm!
Does not disable speed limiter
Gets rid of part throttle timing retarder in lower gears.
Allows 6th gear (fastest rate in stock ECU) throttle plate opening rate.

TRE-006A - $60.00
2006 & up ZX-14
Requires sub-throttle plate removal & special mapping.
Gets rid of fuel shut-off on decell -
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.
Gets rid of part throttle timing retarder in lower gears.
Our maps are only available with a minimum purchase of $200.00 or more.


TRE-009 - $60.00
2006 - 2010 ZX10R
Disables KIMS on 2008 - 2010 models
Increases part throttle response
Gets rid of fuel shut-off on decell -
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.
Our maps are only available with a minimum purchase of $200.00 or more.
preybird1 is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by preybird1 View Post
Info from ivans performance web page


2004 & 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R (requires special mapping)
(use TRE-006 - $60.00)

TRE-008 - $70.00
2006 - 2010 ZX-14
Increases power below 6000 rpm!
Does not disable speed limiter
Gets rid of part throttle timing retarder in lower gears.
Allows 6th gear (fastest rate in stock ECU) throttle plate opening rate.

TRE-006A - $60.00
2006 & up ZX-14
Requires sub-throttle plate removal & special mapping.
Gets rid of fuel shut-off on decell -
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.
Gets rid of part throttle timing retarder in lower gears.
Our maps are only available with a minimum purchase of $200.00 or more.


TRE-009 - $60.00
2006 - 2010 ZX10R
Disables KIMS on 2008 - 2010 models
Increases part throttle response
Gets rid of fuel shut-off on decell -
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.
Our maps are only available with a minimum purchase of $200.00 or more.
This thread is about a 2004-2005 ZX10R your cut and Paste from Ivan's you see give NO INFORMATION only part # to order....no worry I already did the investigation among others on this site. Ivans is Neutral GEAR for ECU ONLY, he recommends messing with the sub-throttle sensor and MAP. Many have reported if done properly the on-off throttle abruptness is improved but most of them had Ivan's MAP.


bloo

____________________________________________

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
bluedevil is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
zx racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsboro, AL
Posts: 3,763
Posting Frequency
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
I had them removed with a TRE on my 06.
hey cody was this with a pc or without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak5 View Post
Still have a little restriction of flow with them in and the servo motor has to still open them up. The TRE just tricks the computer into thinking the bike is in 6th gear or 5th one cant remember. There is a soft and hard setting on the one I have (GI pro ATRE). I keep mine on the soft setting which has seemed to help with it being so jumpy when exiting a corner while rolling on the gas. I dont think you will get a noticeable change in performance with them out as opposed to being in with a TRE. I already had mine out when I installed the TRE.
i have them out now but just wondering if i should put them back in and if it would help with the low/mid range power. i thought the TRE on the gen1 tricks the ecu to thinking it was in neautral where it advance the timing some and has lil more aggressive map.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
zx racer is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
zx racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsboro, AL
Posts: 3,763
Posting Frequency
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
TRE the Ivans one or home made tricks the ECU (Edit) thinks that it's stuck in Neutral gear so faster on off sub-throttle I believe....if your running a PCIII I would just remove the TRE unless your going to map with that alone.

bloo
thats exactly wat i was thinking it did bloo... i have the TRE installed but havent remap for it. think its worth having the bike remap ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preybird1 View Post
A 1st gen zx10 needs a custom map to run a TRE properly. The secondary butterflies can be removed in 20 minutes as long as you don't strip the screws out!! The TRE has nothing to do with the secondary flies or there operation.
i read on some kawi's when you install the TRE it messes with the sec flies *i think it was on the zx14's* but may be wrong. bike runs good with the flies out and TRE fitted now.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
zx racer is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
thats exactly wat i was thinking it did bloo... i have the TRE installed but havent remap for it. think its worth having the bike remap ?

i read on some kawi's when you install the TRE it messes with the sec flies *i think it was on the zx14's* but may be wrong. bike runs good with the flies out and TRE fitted now.
2 thoughts here going back to basics, I am not an expert on what the ECU maps guys like Ivan have learned for their application what works for them or to sell. What I do know is each GEAR has an ECU mapping controls many things sub-throttle one of them or not in this case if you remove them. then when you Piggy back with a PCIII you add to that...see?

As far as remap It's hard to say your one if not the fastest guys drag racing on this site and active on this site SWB to date and still fast stretched a little.

I actually kept mine in (Secondaries) did some home made mapping but will be experiementing removing them now that I have a Data Logger and A/F gauge...plus the 1/4 mile times should help too in the future if I really mess something up(edit like my past times).

____________________________________________

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 06-30-2012 at 05:37 PM.
bluedevil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
secondary flies removed oldkamikaze General Motorcycle Discussions 22 03-31-2010 02:54 PM
flies v tre krakers10r Performance and Tech 0 09-17-2009 01:36 PM
flies pravataracing Strip 1 08-30-2009 05:01 PM
flies or not to flies beenthere Performance and Tech 9 04-02-2007 12:05 AM
Flies Removed green slime Performance and Tech 6 09-20-2006 12:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome