I installed the TRE this way…let me know if I did something wrong:
1. removed the Green wire with red stripe and black wire male connectors to the supplied connector and re-installed the OEM green connectors and the supplied connector to the TRE.
Result the TRE only displays Neutral. I was surprised it displayed anything as removing the male connector is removing “ALL GEAR VOLTAGES THE ECU RECIEVES FROM THE GEAR SWITCH” according to the schematic and voltage tests…but after other tests I found that the ECU always has 5volts and it appears Ivans TRE just fools it by a resistor to be in “NUETRAL GEAR”. Not 5th gear as most have thought by bringing the voltage down to 4.3volts witch is NUETRAL voltage. It is basically not giving any voltage to the ECU for any gear other than Nuetral.
So I know there will be a lot of questions I will try to answer most of them first to save some time.
1. How do you know the Green/red strip wire is the main Voltage line?
Answer…I confirmed with the bike off with a multimeter and the schematic on page 16-56 that it is direct connection…..by Ivans TRE install instructions.. that line is removed completely from the Gear position switch(GPS) by his instructions and goes through his device strait to the ECU thus killing all voltages that can be gained by going through the Gear selector switch that supplies each voltage by a resistor network(I believe just a resistor to lower the voltage to Neutral voltage from 5volts to 4.3volts which is nuetral).
2. Then what is the black wire for?
The black wire is just a ground wire and that’s why Ivans instructions say it doesn’t matter where you put the wires on the supplied connector as for a resistor it doesn’t matter.
3. Why do other bikes say it’s just to fool a bike that it’s in 5th gear.
..just believe it’s not related to the 10r ECU.
4. Why would a Neutral signal be necessary? Not sure exactly, so far but for neutral there is 3 wires coming from the GPS (Gear Position Switch and one is to make sure it’s in neutral or the clutch is pushed in before the bike can be started and don’t feel it’s related to the TRE)
So, bottom line as it stands right now…my GEAR INDICATOR WILL NOT WORK WITH THE TRE.
Is it over? Maybe for TRE users. Me and Ivan need to have a long talk but believe he will not talk to long as he says “Patent Pending” on his instruction manual.
So, very sorry guys that are TRE users, If the TRE worked as was advertised it would have worked with my unit…this was a total surprise to me and really a 180deg turnaround on how I thought and many others did to how the TRE works.