Traxxion Dynamics shock upgrade - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Talking Traxxion Dynamics shock upgrade

Just sent my OEM 2006 ZX-10R shock to Traxxion Dynamics for a rebuild, revalve and new spring. All in all it is gonna cost around $300 plus shipping so its not bad at all. I am very excited about trying it out and I will definitely let you guys know how it feels when i get it back.

http://traxxion.com/

They have recently had some server issues and are moving everything to a new domain so the site isn't fully functional yet. I talked to them via email and phone and they are extremely friendly and helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah Id love to get some of their gas charged forks I guess those are suppose to be the awesome ... and work wonders.. but im sure those are some big bucks $$$$$$$
post #3 of 16 Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
I have been to their shop in Woodstock, GA before. Looks like any other building in an average lookin industrial complex, but boy inside is another story. I have seen NASCAR shops that didn't look as good as theirs. It was quite impressive as they took me on a tour of it. If I had a shop like that, I would be holding open houses and showing it off all the time.

They had several Computer controlled machines churning out parts, seperate bays set up to do just forks, more new equipment than you can believe. I would say you have made a good choice.
That is good to hear. They did seem pretty knowledgeable and the price was over $100 cheaper than the competitors so it wasn't a difficult choice. I can't wait to get the shock back. Will definitely keep you guys up to date on how everything works out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
here is a link to a video that shows the inside of the shop and talks about there gas charged forks.. http://www.onthethrottle.com/content/view/25/27/
post #5 of 16 Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gldnchildek9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
here is a link to a video that shows the inside of the shop and talks about there gas charged forks.. http://www.onthethrottle.com/content/view/25/27/
thats a sweet video, i was definitely just sold on them
post #6 of 16 Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Thanks for the video! That makes me feel even better about choosing Traxxion Dynamics. Which i could afford those gas charged forks :P
post #7 of 16 Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Very interested in the results. I'm about to go the same route after LE completed screwed up my Penske order. After talking to Makk at Traxxion, I decided to just revalve my stocker (street/occassional B group track)
post #8 of 16 Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Got my shock in today. I Haven't installed it yet but it looks really nice. They thoroughly cleaned it and the new spring & spacer looks pretty nice.

They also included a shock dyno graph and I was hoping someone on here could translate it for me because I don't understand it at all.

Here's a link to the shock dyno:
http://employees.demosales.net/shockdyno.jpg
post #9 of 16 Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm sold on them for sure.....and I want to hear more about this shock dyno chart...
post #10 of 16 Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vio View Post
Got my shock in today. I Haven't installed it yet but it looks really nice. They thoroughly cleaned it and the new spring & spacer looks pretty nice.

They also included a shock dyno graph and I was hoping someone on here could translate it for me because I don't understand it at all.

Here's a link to the shock dyno:
http://employees.demosales.net/shockdyno.jpg
The graph is just damping force vs. shaft velocity for both compression and rebound. The multiple lines are the different settings.

Lower shaft velocities typically corespond to more "handling" maneuvers whereas higher shaft velocities are experienced with bumps, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rebuild, shock, suspension, traxxion, valve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in