Track suspension - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Track suspension

Hi all

Got a Track 2004 ZX10 with Ktech internals in the front forks and a Penske rear shock.What are Penske like? Didnt know if there are better forks and shocks to inprove the front and rear end feel?

Speaking to someone in the paddock and he said to use the rear height arms on off the zx6(not sure which year), any comments?

What is everyones opinion on the best set up for the track?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

racing suspension set up

Hi all

Got a Track 2004 ZX10 with Ktech internals in the front forks and a Penske rear shock.What are Penske like? Didnt know if there are better forks and shocks to inprove the front and rear end feel?

Speaking to someone in the paddock and he said to use the rear height arms on off the zx6(not sure which year), any comments?

post #3 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpboy View Post
Hi all

I don't race, but I do trackdays on my 10. I have a Penske rear, and it made a dramatic difference. The fork work was done by Lindeman down in California, and it is awesome. I'm not really fast, but fast enough that the stock suspension was holding me back. The new suspension is beyond my ability to find its limits.

Later, Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

threads merged

BD

post #5 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
threads merged

BD
OK, BD, how on earth does a person know when one of you moves a thread and to where? Thanks, for the help, Steve

By the way, I'm a psychologist that works with children, and in my world BD refers to behaviorally disabled, any truth there????
post #6 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Big daddy can you move this into the ZX10r forum instead of products and tech as no one here nows much about suspension set ups!
post #7 of 7 Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpboy View Post
Big daddy can you move this into the ZX10r forum instead of products and tech as no one here nows much about suspension set ups!
i moved it here because it is a tech thread and i also merged them together as there only need to be 1 thread and yes there are many here knowlegable about suspension including myself.

As for your inquirey yes Penske is a highly respected suspension product as i've had 2 of the shocks on 2 diff bikes and as one might expect a high degree of improvement over OEM.

Many people use both penske and ohlins but there's others avail for both forks and shocks.

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in