Gen 4: 2011-2015 Titanium Conrods - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-18-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to abadassbikerlad
Titanium Conrods

Hi thinking of going down the turbo route, and was wondering who makes Titanium con rods for this bike ?

2013 black uk spec gen 4, full akrapovic evo carbon, brembo rcs master cylinder, brembo clutch, ohlins race SCU, woolichracing flashed ecu with stock 02 disabled, ohlins mechatronic rear shock, Suoer corsa Sc2 200 rear smoked hot bodies rear end, Puig screen, s-2 concepts seat hump,Hell hoses, brembo m4 monoblocks samco sport red hoses, samco clamps, evotech oil cap, MWR filter, Putoline syntec 4, Jmt lion battery, nearly all bolts are titanium. 55w 6000k 2.5" Hid projectors.
190.26 hp Din
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadassbikerlad View Post
Hi thinking of going down the turbo route, and was wondering who makes Titanium con rods for this bike ?
Ti rods would be a HUGE waste of money for a turbo build. When building a turbo motor think STRONG not necessarily light... Although light is never a bad thing it's just not necessary for a turbo set up where the blower can easily make you more power than you can use at any point in time.

That said Titanium rods are made by many different companies ranging from $2700 for a set to $2500 PER ROD for Pankl. I know because I've been shopping for them for my aspirated build where light mean everything. But I can tell you beyond any doubt if I were thinking turbo I would go steel with heavy tool steel pins and ring lands that are as lowered as you can get. Keep the compression at at least 10 to 1 for good off boost throttle response and keep the boost to or 8 pounds where pump fuel can be used unless it's a strict race bike then more compression and alcohol for fuel. This makes an intercooler un necessary and keeps detonation a word you don't become best friends with.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Is there a reason you're considering titanium con rods vs steel alloy con rods that can support 500+ hp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Surprising how many people thing titanium is stronger than steel.

Speed Merchant
http://www.zxzone.com
post #5 of 6 Old 11-19-2014, 01:46 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Being a welder and machinist most my life I've worked with just about every alloy including non metalic alloys like beryllium. Titanium is a tough alloy and nothing is stronger than steel alloys.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-19-2014, 03:31 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I also think you have to watch the life span on Ti rods some companies say life span is much shorter then steel rods and don't like heat in turbo built compared to steel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in