Timing Retarder - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Timing Retarder

Hi All,

After being a member of the forum for a while now I thought I better try and start a post. I don't realy like computers but I've been trying to sort out an issue with my ZX10R.

I have a 2004 ZX10R, I've had it for three years now and its been a great bike. I had an Ivans Rockland County timing retarder fitted to my bike,when I had it fitted the bike was popping and spluttering on deceleration? Anyway, I had it taken back off but the bike is still popping and spluttering and I dont know why?

Does anyone out there in kawasaki land have the fitting instructions for one of these retarders for a 2004 ZX10R? So I can try and establish if it was fitted wrongly in the first place and try and put it right?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Certified SLOW

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
Hi All,

After being a member of the forum for a while now I thought I better try and start a post. I don't realy like computers but I've been trying to sort out an issue with my ZX10R.

I have a 2004 ZX10R, I've had it for three years now and its been a great bike. I had an Ivans Rockland County timing retarder fitted to my bike,when I had it fitted the bike was popping and spluttering on deceleration? Anyway, I had it taken back off but the bike is still popping and spluttering and I dont know why?

Does anyone out there in kawasaki land have the fitting instructions for one of these retarders for a 2004 ZX10R? So I can try and establish if it was fitted wrongly in the first place and try and put it right?

Thanks.
Sounds to me like your probably changed your exhaust at the same time. Have it tuned, popping will go away.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

have you blocked off the pair valve if not do a search and you will find out how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

and why are you retarding the timing? nitrous?
post #5 of 7 Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I entered the flying quarter mile sprints here in NZ, I was told that the speedo limiter could be removed with the addition of a timing retarder? Anyway I wanted to keep my bike as near as stock as possible just remove the speedo limiter and try to exceed the 299KMH? I was trying to show my mate with a Fireblade that he made the wrong choice of machine! The exhaust and everything else was stock, the only change I made was to run a 55 profile rear tyre instead of the standard 50?

To cut a long story short I managed a 288KMH across the timed distance but that was on a bike that was not running too well in a cross wind?! I got a faster time than the blade (thank God) and later found out that I had done this with a split vacumm hose?
post #6 of 7 Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You mean it's got a tre (timing retard eliminator) i think. The 10 isn't limited anyway so it won't make any difference. The speedo stops at 299 regardless of how fast you are going.
179mph isn't too bad for a stocker. What rpm were you running?
post #7 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 03:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

yea there is no speed liminter on the zx10. also he was Talking about the TRE witch on some other bikes does get rid of the liminter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in