Throttle Body Sync. Homemade sync tool pics - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Throttle Body Sync. Homemade sync tool pics

This isnt a how to sync thread because you can find that info in the service manual. I found some great info off the R1 forum for this homemade tool and decided to make it. VERY SIMPLE to make.

When I did my valve adjustment and started the bike up it sounded like a cam'd bike idling. I knew I definitely had to do a sync. After the sync the bike idles amazing again.

1/4 tube .170 inside diameter, I bought 2 20' sections. 2 small 3/16" "F" connectors. Blue zip tied down to the pine board. Pine board found at Lowes or Home depot, it was the 36" long piece and was about $7 roughly. Hard to find but look, they have them! I DID use 3/16" vacuum restrictors as well, I put them towards the top of the lines. This reduces the instant hit of airflow to the fluid making it a little easier to read (not as bouncy). The fluid is 2cycle engine oil, you only need a small 2oz container really.

I just made lines every 1/2" I think there is roughly 14" worth of line marks too. Youll NEED AT LEAST a foot of marks, if your sync was off like mine youll need the extra fluid to see

A pretty shot of the zip ties in the back

Follow the sync directions in the service manual and remove the airbox, little vacuum caps and such, youll end up with this.

Youll need a FLEX screw driver, seriously you will its a pain the ASS getting to the little screws. Harbor Freight, $7 special right here

1 more pic of the HF special

Definitely enough room to do the job with the tank propped up. Its a pain on occasion though so take your time

Here is what mine looked like. EEEEEK

1 more

After! All done! It took about 20 minutes at least to get it to this point.

You might ask, how the F do you get the little damn clips back on? Put an allen in the middle of the holes, put over the little nipple and use your finger nail to push them over the edge while you tilt the allen opening the hole a little more.

1 more

Last edited by biglipps66; 04-26-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
great write up!

I snagged a digital throttle body sync tool which was like over 600 bucks for pretty much nothing and love it.... I just synced the TB's on my 2011 zx10r and was amazed at the difference that was off. and the bike is only a few months off.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

A digital one would be nice for sure yes. Ive been searching my local craigslist for a better tool as well, this one is damn good for what it is I was shocked ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in