9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 06:27 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
same as spaz, if trouble i use a hard plastic mallet with a little oil and tap them in. push #4 in, hold it down and come across. piece of cake.
damn if im gonna wrestle with em.
Whatever works, right Jim? This is a a good way to go about it though. Still not a fan of hammering in my TBs though. But my fat ass provides a lot of weight to push them in with.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

well, after a couple minutes with my feet off the ground, anyway i wouldnt shock them much either. little oil light tap seats them across the board. mallet probably weighs 2 lbs, pretty gentle actually kinda seating one at a time with a couple light taps.
NinjaLife likes this.

Last edited by gazx10; 06-06-2016 at 06:57 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-08-2018, 04:35 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
Rolling the chassis out into the sun sounds like a much better plan lol, I wasn't too fond of using the heat gun. I'll be waiting until the weekend due to Tropical Storm we're having right now.
Did you ever get your Throttle bodies back in NinjaLife?
I have a Gen 2 with 48k kms on it, spent hours trying to get my throttle body's in the boots, tried every technique i've came across.... I dont want to but i'll likely order a new set of rubber boots and give that a crack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey-shlong View Post
Did you ever get your Throttle bodies back in NinjaLife?
I have a Gen 2 with 48k kms on it, spent hours trying to get my throttle body's in the boots, tried every technique i've came across.... I dont want to but i'll likely order a new set of rubber boots and give that a crack

Hey Donkey,

Yes I got them on, I kinda did a combo of all of the things that were recommended in this thread.

It's been awhile but I remember letting the bike sit out in the sun for maybe an hour or so. That along with a little oil dabbed on the throttle bodies and they finally slipped in. It was rough, I only weigh around 140ish soaking wet and there were times where I had my feet off the ground with all of my weight on the throttle bodies trying to push them in. LOL
post #15 of 16 Old 10-08-2018, 01:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you have colortune or some other vacuum balance equipment then every time you remove those bodies 're balance them, if you don't own such equipment then after the kind of force you had to apply to those bodies you must get them synchronized mate. Even if you feel the bike is running ok.
NinjaLife likes this.
post #16 of 16 Old 10-13-2018, 01:37 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I just got mine in, I spent HOURS trying then I bought a heat gun, put it on the highest setting, warmed them up good and the throttle body went on first attempted... I also used my right foot to put pressure on them while holding the handle bars (not that you need to, but legs are much stronger then arms), and I put a zip tie around the front brake + handle bar so I had something to push against...

TLDR: highly recommend using a heat gun if your struggling
NinjaLife likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in