Gen 2: 2006-2007 Throttle assembly removal... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Throttle assembly removal...

Ok..how the hell do you get this damn thing off?!?!?!

Air box is off..Ive loosened up the 2 clamp bolts on either side...undid the electrical harness...air hose...blah blah...but the fugger will not BUDGE! I cant see a good area to really grab and tug..but ive tried gently rocking back and forth..and it will but move...any suggestions? Im tempted to say screw changing the thermostat and just doing a good flush and clean on the cooling system but I already spent close to $40 on the parts. Also...is it possible to remove the #3&4 header pipe without removing the radiator?? Is there a way to jsut tilt it forward to get better access to the header bolts????

Faster than a drunk snail on valium!

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone??

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

If u never had them off.. keep rocking there r very well seated!
Putting them back will be a little tough as well so use very little lube to get them seated down..

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blackpearl View Post
If u never had them off.. keep rocking there r very well seated!
Putting them back will be a little tough as well so use very little lube to get them seated down..
Ive never had them off personally...but im sure they were off last winter when I had the valves done. Are they set in a boot? (individual boots) When you say 'lube' will the stuff I use to instal mt tires work? (its a tire mounting lube) I Just dont wanna crack that plastic plate on top grabbing that sucker and rocking it.

07 zx10r- stolen
post #5 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 07:39 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yes, they are fit down into a rubber boot that has a lip on it. I'm assuming you've already got the boot clamps loose, correct? They have a clamp like a hose clamp that you need to release first. Then you need to just pull them out. It's easier to lift on one end to start them. And they will take a lot of pulling to get them loose initially. The rubber will sort of fuse to the throttle body barrels.

But don't pull on the plastic airbox plate. Remove that plate and then lift on the TBs themselves.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Yes, they are fit down into a rubber boot that has a lip on it. I'm assuming you've already got the boot clamps loose, correct? They have a clamp like a hose clamp that you need to release first. Then you need to just pull them out. It's easier to lift on one end to start them. And they will take a lot of pulling to get them loose initially. The rubber will sort of fuse to the throttle body barrels.

But don't pull on the plastic airbox plate. Remove that plate and then lift on the TBs themselves.
yea the boot clamps are loose. How do I get the clamps for the airbox plate loose..thru the same hole in the frame for the tb clamp screws??

07 zx10r- stolen
post #7 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRider View Post
yea the boot clamps are loose. How do I get the clamps for the airbox plate loose..thru the same hole in the frame for the tb clamp screws??
The airbox plate screws in from the top. There's no holding clamps for it. They are located on the top and bottom of each of the intake trumpets. Should be 8 bolts to remove and that plate will come off the TBs. Then you can get your hand around one side of the TB assembly and lift them out of the holders.

#WordCrimes

post #8 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The airbox plate screws in from the top. There's no holding clamps for it. They are located on the top and bottom of each of the intake trumpets. Should be 8 bolts to remove and that plate will come off the TBs. Then you can get your hand around one side of the TB assembly and lift them out of the holders.
wow..i honestly never noticed then bolts holding it on..lol. Thanks!

07 zx10r- stolen
post #9 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRider View Post
wow..i honestly never noticed then bolts holding it on..lol. Thanks!

#WordCrimes

post #10 of 16 Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

fugger..lmao

07 zx10r- stolen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in