Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Third Gen Quickshift

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tedg04 
#1 ·
My DIY quickshifter has a co-worker in lust. Problem is he has a third gen & no PC/Bazzaz/etc. He isn't concerned with fuel management, or ignition changes, that's fine if it's all stock for him, he just wants to be able to quickshift. What's the most economical way to do that? The only option I can transparently tell would work is a PCIII w/ Ign. Module, and the same kind of DIY setup I made, just into the IM instead of straight to the PCIII. The PCV looks like it has two wire leads directly into the PCV (no harness or anything) specifically for "shifter." Does this mean the quickshifter setup is already in the PCV? Or is the Ig Module still required? What about a Bazzaz or other setup? Does anyone make a module specifically to kill ignition only?

Who knows?
:dontknow:

#3 ·
The Bazzaz QS4 is a stand alone unit. It was supposed to be released the 15th of this month.

Retail is high $$$ PM Mary for a decent price.

The people at Bazzaz to me there will be an optional shift light that works with this unit. One you can actually see without looking directly at it.:lol:

#6 ·
So, anyone know what's required to do a quick shifter on the PCV? It appears that there are two direct lines into the PCV, no ign module, nothing else. If that's the case, it's just wiring a switch to it, and enabling the quick shift function. Even if it doesn't kill ignition, the PCV does run all 8 injectors, so it could kill fuel, the question is if dynojet gave it the capability.

I mean, these $300-$500 options are less than buying a PCIII or PCV, + Ign. Mod + Quickshifter, but if you could do the PCV and the home-made QuickShift, it would be on the lower end of the price totem pole, with a lot of the same functionality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.