technical problems - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

technical problems

Hi to allI have a gen 4 with a problem. I de cat the bike then installed a servo buddy a pcv a 2brothers shorty. Heres the problem the bike runs normal in a gears but when i try to push the bike in each gear past the redline it wont go. The bike just wont push past 120mph in 6th gear. There is more throttle to turn but its like iam choking her but if i back off the throttle she keeps runnjng fine just wont push past 120mph. I dont understand why. I also went back and check my work everything is correct. I also took the pcv out and the bike does the same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Get a flash, the U.S. fueling and ignition map is restricted above like 10000 rpm our something like that. Feels like the bike is falling on its face. The flash offered from one of the many vendors here, I personally recommend zx10archer, will get your bike back to what it's supposed to be like, and smoothed out quite a bit.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Got all the fuel lines hooked up correctly? Sounds like a fueling issue not getting to the upper injectors. Pinched upper fuel line/disconnected upper injectors? You need to take a much closer look at everything under the tank and where and how it's routed as well.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

:::NINJA EDIT::: Skydorks fingers are more skilled than mine

+1 to the flash... mine specifically of course (sorry, shameless self plug there). More info can be found here: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786

But it doesn't sound like an issue with the restricted North American ECU... The bike should have no problem passing 120 MPH in sixth gear; restricted ECU or not. My bet is on fuel delivery. Check the main fuel line for the tank. That can get pinched, crimped or bent in a funny angle and cause issues around 10K RPMs when you put the tank back on. Basically the bike is asking for more fuel but due to the line not being straight fuel flow isn't up to snuff and causes hesitation. So next time you take the tank off, pay special notice to the main feed line and it's routing, also pay attention to the hose because it can swivel on the metal line as you lower the tank so it may be moving and you're not even noticing it.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thank you all i will check the gas lines iam having the bike dynoed this week end hopefuly it will tell me something.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-13-2014, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey guys wanted to say thanks again. It was a inch in the main fuel line. After a long battle I went back on your advise. Thanks again did 143 in 3rd.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Great to hear!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in