Taillight wiring - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Taillight wiring

i have the clear alternatives integrated for my 05 10r...i was wondering if anyone wuld know which wire is the one for the running taillight. i am hooking up a license plate light. so i need to kno which wire to splice into

thx guys n gals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If you don't have a digital multimeter, you can use the CA integrated tail light as a test light. Maybe an actual owner of the CA integrated tail light installed in a slow '05 Magma Red ZX-10R will speak up...
post #3 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
I " Slow Magma one " am not in front of the junk right now. Won't be until Saturday. Anyhow there's two wires one on each plug. One wire is gray and the other might be green/yellow. You can double check this bye taking the exposed wire(s) and putting them on the top of the pin. If you get light, there ya go. If not then it is not it... Volaaaaaa

Please paint your Magma. The 05 Pearl jawn is the slowest one of them all. Believe me I know. Now we all know that the 10 is the slowest of all liter bikes and is no Gixxer, so let's fall to our knees in shame

Last edited by OneSLOW10; 04-02-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't splice into the wiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use the factory connector from the stock fender and soider the clear alternatives wire onto the section of wire and connector coming from the fender. That way whenever you want to pull the tail off for whatever rason you don't have to cut the wiring.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 09:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

When you take the fender off you had to unplug three connectors. One for the license plate light and one for each turn signal. Cut the connectors off the fender leaving about 6 inches of loom. Remember what color goes to what side and I think the black one is for the license plate light. Soider the wiring coming from the CA light to each connector. Much cleaner and OEM looking. I the green connector is right turn and gray is left turn with a black connector for the license plate light.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Some like to splice. I however did not.

I sexually have the wire installed directly into the pin. Easy as pie :). No tail removal issue and you can button it up right back in the oem rubber cover.... One more thing. There is only 2 wires ( obvious ) for the CA tail. Each hot turn sig wire installed into the correct oem wire power the tail..
post #7 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiryder89 View Post
When you take the fender off you had to unplug three connectors. One for the license plate light and one for each turn signal. Cut the connectors off the fender leaving about 6 inches of loom. Remember what color goes to what side and I think the black one is for the license plate light. Soider the wiring coming from the CA light to each connector. Much cleaner and OEM looking. I the green connector is right turn and gray is left turn with a black connector for the license plate light.
you want a cleaner more oem look? you should! to achieve that in this case it requires no cutting. I wouldn't recommend cutting anything. No need to. that must be riced jdm. sorry my English isn't to good and i am not wearing my asics.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSLOW10 View Post
you want a cleaner more oem look? you should! to achieve that in this case it requires no cutting. I wouldn't recommend cutting anything. No need to. that must be riced jdm. sorry my English isn't to good and i am not wearing my asics.
Before you try to be funny I'm talking about the connectors that come of the stock fender that you are not using anyways. I'm not talking about any wires that come off the main harness.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The OP can do whatever he wants. Hack it up, make it lQQk sex, doesn't matter. But my response about what you wrote is if your providing that oem [ " clean is " ] the way to go, which I agree with you, then why does he want to butcher/cut anything? He might return it back to stock and sell it some day. Who knows what the future holds. Or he could realize that since the CA draws an extreme amount of power and slows the 10 down even more, he will at that point want to take it off and use it as target pratice

that is all
post #10 of 16 Old 04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to JOSHUAZX10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSLOW10 View Post
I sexually have the wire installed directly into the pin. Easy as pie :)
How does one install a wire sexually ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in