taillight not working - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

taillight not working

hey guys, heres the deal. A while back i was hit from behind and severed the connecter to the taillight. Anyways i bought a new taillight and replaced all the body work and put individual female spade connecters on the wires. I hooked those up to the light and things worked perfectly. Then i had to take the tail apart for another reason and now i put it back together the taillight will no longer work. Before i get too many questions i will try to post as many things i have tried as i could.

1) checked for power across the red wire and the frame, (12.7 volts). then checked for power across the red and black and yellow wire that were suposed to go to tail (12.7 volts). so i am getting power going into the tail and ground is good.

2) checked for open in te taillight or short, neither, getting like 5 Mohms of resistance accross power and ground

Just to humor me would somody double check that i have the right sequence of wires going into the taillight.
looking top down, from the rear of the bike looking to the front, left to right going into the tail i have red, black/yellow, blue
If sombody could double check that would make me more at ease its not somthing stupid.

Next is open for suggestions... oh BTW i ordered a new taillight off ebay, and tried that one, again not working. What are the chances that two taillights are dead??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2006, 12:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

tail light from left to right is (red), (black/yellow), (blue/red). i tried downloading the wire diagram but it wont let me.

Last edited by eric; 05-04-2006 at 01:03 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

ok so wireing is right.. nobody have any other idea's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

check the fuse just to be safe. does your brake light, rear turn signals ,and plate light work.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

OK after hours of diagnostics i figure what the hell, the light seemed busted anyways so may as well try it. I put black/yell wire all the way to right, blue middle and red left..bblliiiinnngggggg... there goes the light. Working perfectly. The manual is WRONGG!!!!!!!! this should be noted and sent to kawi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in