Tack accuracy,and rev limiters? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Tack accuracy,and rev limiters?

I've been waiting for some body to ask this Q.My 05 10 will black'n the tack read out completely and not studer,clip,or how should I say level out. I've seen it numerous times display all the way up on the tack read out without limiting out. So what's up? is my tack read out, off as bad as the speedo or worse? Wish I had a tank cam to show this (no bull shit goe) Never seen a rpm governing system so far~~Hey maybe it's on of those LIMITED EDITIONS hardyharhar~har. Seriously would like a serious reply..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

No, sorry the search didn't work out for you but it is now widely known on this and other sites the tach almost as bad as the speedo. I have an analog Tach so I found out when I installed that. The consenses so far seems like you can go at least 300rpms more or so.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:15 PM

Posting Frequency

There was a thread earlier that seems to indicate the tach is reading about 1,000 rpm low. I now have the shift light set at 13,000 and have never touched the rev limiter which someone reported to be set at 12,800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

:iamwithst I too have my light set at 13,000 and have never bounced off the limiter, and I see the light all the time. However I can't agree that the limiter is set at 12,800. I believe my tach is off by at least 500 or more.

All you need to know is in the avatar...yea, it's that fast!
post #5 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
There was a thread earlier that seems to indicate the tach is reading about 1,000 rpm low. I now have the shift light set at 13,000 and have never touched the rev limiter which someone reported to be set at 12,800.
Concur!
post #6 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey

That was actually one of my responses to a thread where the Rev limiter hits actual RPM speed at around 12.5k with an Analog tach but the Digital will read about 13.8k or so before it shuts off/sputters the engine I use to mark my Analog tape(just red tape to cover the rest of the 14k display) at 12.5k when drag racing but would sometimes hit the Rev limiter, so now I mark at 12.1k and have not done it sense. So, since I tap from the coils which is real world RPMs and not an ECU interpeting through digital chips and who knows what else is involved to create the error, then I came to the conclusion that the guage is off by at least 1000rpms. All #s mentioned could be construded as being off but one thing that can't be denied is the tach gauge is almost as bad as the speedo around the redline area mostly as I have seen compared to analog. Sorry, guys but never had a problem when analog was around they always were about perfect as advertised in manuals or real world tests, the good thing is you can adjust to the error
post #7 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

and here I set thinking dat digital was the shit! anybody making a points conversion for the 10 ? I know they will float out,lol. Will look into a analog tack, maybe a winter mod....thanks for the input guys..now I need to find the clipper zone.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 09:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes the limiter does come on at 12800, after installing the AIM Dash, I had the shift lights set to 13100 and it was all over the limiter. I played back the data aq. from the dash and sure enough the limiter is set to 12800. Here is the dash...https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.p...t=dash+install

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #9 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought-arr
and here I set thinking dat digital was the shit! anybody making a points conversion for the 10 ? I know they will float out,lol. Will look into a analog tack, maybe a winter mod....thanks for the input guys..now I need to find the clipper zone.

Well how easy we forget that the tach is only as accurate as the numbers surrounding it..

The digital tach is dead on it's the writing around the cluster thats off..

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #10 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to fastburnzx-10 Send a message via MSN to fastburnzx-10
I did a 1st gear pull up to 106 and it hit the rev limiter and i swear the tach was buried but i cant be sure i wasnt payin much attention to the guage all i saw was sky....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in