Suspension question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Suspension question

Hey guys..I got a 06 10r now and i just bought a left over 08..My question that sence i spent $1000 gettin my front and rear suspension revalved and resprung can i just switch over the complete suspension or can i get the internals and springs switched to the 08??

I would do some research but my lil crack berry screen aint that big and im not gonna be home for a week..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

I don't know alot about suspension but I'm pretty sure you could swap the suspension but, the setting would probably be wrong. The 08 is weighted differently and would throw off your setup.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

I don't think it will be a constructive thing to do; too many minor differences.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
I was kinda thinkin the same things....Just figured where i am a lil bigger than most guys around here that ride(im 45 yrs old,225 lbs with out gear)and the internals are a set down from race internals..Also figured i could save a buck on a suspension mod for my new ride..
I cant even compare side by side yet..My new ride is 3 hrs away at a dealership and my garage is full now..

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
MAGIC..pm sent..

post #6 of 11 Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I believe the front fender from the 08 wouldnt fit on the 06 forks. You'd have to check for yourself. Id just buy new springs for the front and get a new or used rear shock and call it a day. I wouldnt bother with all the revalveing if you arent tracking the bike.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
tks for the help guys.....What about just swapping the internals??

post #8 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
I have the official 08 Kawasaki suspension manual in .pdf from. PM me a email if you want it. Not sure how much in there to help anyone as I switched over to Ohlins and never read it in depth.
I've never seen or heard of that manual.

I'll PM you my email address in a bit.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
I believe the front fender from the 08 wouldnt fit on the 06 forks. You'd have to check for yourself. Id just buy new springs for the front and get a new or used rear shock and call it a day. I wouldnt bother with all the revalveing if you arent tracking the bike.

The front springs on the 08 are really stiff. Perfect for an aggressive 225 lb. rider. I weigh the same and have (i think) 7 lines of pre-load showing.

My suspension is stock at the moment and set up by Ken with Superbike Suspension at the track.

As far as swapping the internals, you should ask someone who knows for sure. Either the person that originally installed them or I would be willing to bet Superbike Suspension could help you out. 815-583-3600 or there website is http://www.superbikeitalia.com/

If I'm not mistaken, they sent me an e-mail saying they are discounting suspension work this month.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The forks on the 08 are great, no need for swap up front. The rear on the other hand needs work, anything other than stock will be better. Save your coin and leave the forks alone. .02

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in