suspension mods WORK ! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

suspension mods WORK !

A few weeks ago I went to a local shop that is operated by a sponsored road racer.

I explained to him that the bike felt sluggish when trying to enter corners, and when transitioning from left to right ...

He suggested a height adjustment and offered to raise up the rear...

So, they added a spacer to the rear shock ( a simple washer just like the stock one ) and that increased the height by 8 mm.

Now the bike handles much better, feels much lighter than before, It doesn't feel like I have to lug it so hard to make it change directions and even under power it does it much smoother !

Anyway, if anyone has this same problem then I suggest doing the same thing =)

GOOD LUCK !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Congrats! Nothing better'n a bike acting the way she should!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bulletr1
That was a good mod. I did that myself also.

PC Frame, Swing Arm, Wheels. Gold Rear Sets, Chrome Heel Guards, Factory Pro. Vel. Stacks, PCIII, K&N Air Filter, Full Akra. Exhaust System, 525 DID Gold MVXZ Chain, HID KIT HI & LOW BEAM (6K), 1/5 Throttle Conversion, Ivan's Block Off Kit,TRE & Servo Elim. Air Box Mod, Stainless Steel Braided Lines, Blue Custom Gauge Panel, InterNatrix Paging Security Sys., Michelin Pilot Powers Tires, Barnett Clutch Springs, Custom In/Ex Cams by Web Cams, Milled Cylinder Head. 173.7RWHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 03:38 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

so does this now mean you have 2 washers in there? Anyone know how this works with a taller profile 190 (can never remember if its 50 or 55)

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 AM

Posting Frequency

If you run the 55 its taller and will offer some of the same benefit.

Steering stabilizer becomes even more important.

Much the same affect get be accomplished by lowering your front in the triples in 2mm incriments.

Many bikes from a generation or two back befefit from a whopping 10mm drop up front!! It can make that big of a diffy!!!

Remember when you increase the aggressive stance you sacrifice stability. So you can flick and fling in the lower speed chicanes but could wobble in the sweepers.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 09:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06450F View Post
If you run the 55 its taller and will offer some of the same benefit.

Steering stabilizer becomes even more important.

Much the same affect get be accomplished by lowering your front in the triples in 2mm incriments.

Many bikes from a generation or two back befefit from a whopping 10mm drop up front!! It can make that big of a diffy!!!

Remember when you increase the aggressive stance you sacrifice stability. So you can flick and fling in the lower speed chicanes but could wobble in the sweepers.

yea i dropped my 04 636 7mm on the front and it was awesome then i tried another 2mm and i couldn't accelerate on the highway with out the bike wiggling everywhere so i raiseit back up and kept it at 7mm

im waiting till i get new tires till i really start messing with mine

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
post #7 of 7 Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

the bike is completely stable in all types of corners so far..

On some long sweepers I can hit the high obi-wan-seventies with no problems, while on the tighter ones I can go to max lean and still pull through with great speed and stability.

PS: I love the pirelli diablo tires too !!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in