suspension or exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

suspension or exhaust

Ohlins PRXLS or arrow and bazzaz? Hard ass decision. Is the ohlins a night and day dif in handling over a revalved stock shock? Right now im leaning towards the shock but its a hard decision im sick of looking at the stock exhaust, its hideous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I'd go suspension first, that is if you're a pretty hard rider, just don't look at the stock exhaust for a few more months.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
post #3 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ill be riding pretty hard. hopefully at the track. I have the green light from the wife to fund a season of WERA but I need to study up a little more on what its going to take to get my license. I was gonna go for the streets of willow series but I hear it folded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadanco View Post
Ill be riding pretty hard. hopefully at the track. I have the green light from the wife to fund a season of WERA but I need to study up a little more on what its going to take to get my license. I was gonna go for the streets of willow series but I hear it folded.
I think most of the track day guys around here will tell you suspension, no doubt about it. You can only use so much power from a liter bike. I dont know your capabilities but you'll like the suspension more than the power when you get it out there IMO. Then when you start getting faster on the track the added power later will help, so you'll feel more rewarded if you do suspension set up properly first.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

post #5 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I dont really want more HP but I would love to have a wider spread of power. I hate all the engine braking when coming into a corner I like to let the rpms dip down when leaned way over to carry more corner speed but it hurts my exit speed big time when I do it. But even with that it still has plenty of power to get around a track alot faster than I can manage.
post #6 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I dont really want more HP but I would love to have a wider spread of power. I hate all the engine braking when coming into a corner I like to let the rpms dip down when leaned way over to carry more corner speed but it hurts my exit speed big time when I do it. But even with that it still has plenty of power to get around a track alot faster than I can manage.
I'm wondering if that engine braking is associated with the servo valve/secondary butteflies. I would suggest getting a TRE from Ivan, that should be a noticeable mod on the track, power definately comes on earlier, but when are you ever below 6K on the track...hmm...I guess that's the only time you'll notice either of those, is below 6K.

I'll trade you though, I wish my bike had a little more engine braking.

post #7 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Exhaust valve is removed along with the secondaries.
post #8 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-10r_sinner View Post
i'd go suspension first, that is if you're a pretty hard rider, just don't look at the stock exhaust for a few more months.

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #9 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Exhaust valve is removed along with the secondaries.
Ok then rule that out I guess. For the most part though you could still get the Bazzaz with AFM, pair that with a lap top and you'll be squeezing the most out of your bike every single track day. Have you had it tuned with the secondaries/exhaust valve being removed?

post #10 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
suspension, suspension, suspension.

however, don't get suspension untill you're ready to go pay to get it set up. IE, preload, etc.

everything needs tuning...full exhaust ->pcIII, tires->right psi, suspension-> preload, bablablablab

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in