Super Bike Unlimited - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-17-2015, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Super Bike Unlimited

Has anyone had there ECU reflashed by Superbike Unlimited.? Any issues with the service or flash itself..?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Bueller ... Bueller .... ?
post #3 of 31 Old 01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm planning on sending mine out to them tomorrow. I can let you know after that. :) Would like to hear some testimonials myself though. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 01-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
There are other individuals on the forum who do flashes as well...
The big difference between us and most other services is we have dyno developed all of our mapping and this extends well beyond simple AFR correction.

We've found that most flashing services offered are individuals with DIY ECU flashing hardware, typically with publicly shared, generic or auto-tune based mapping. While this may not always be true, it is certainly common.

Our flash may be more expensive, but we've invested a lot of R&D as well as dyno time into it and the end result is more power throughout the rev range.

Attached is a dyno chart for our slip on+cat eliminator flash on our SBU ZX-10R project bike (build thread coming soon). The bike was otherwise stock.

We are eager to flash more members' bikes here so that we can get some reviews and feedback from you guys!

Your dealer for: High performance race components and accessories along with ECU Tuning/Flashing

www.superbikeunlimited.com
Lowest prices guaranteed!

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited

Last edited by Superbike Unlimited; 01-20-2015 at 11:27 AM.
post #5 of 31 Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbike Unlimited View Post
The big difference between us and most other services is we have dyno developed all of our mapping and this extends well beyond simple AFR correction.

We've found that most flashing services offered are individuals with DIY ECU flashing hardware, typically with publicly shared, generic or auto-tune based mapping. While this may not always be true, it is certainly common.

Our flash may be more expensive, but we've invested a lot of R&D as well as dyno time into it and the end result is more power throughout the rev range.

Attached is a dyno chart for our slip on+cat eliminator flash on our SBU ZX-10R project bike (build thread coming soon). The bike was otherwise stock.

We are eager to flash more members' bikes here so that we can get some reviews and feedback from you guys!
looks exactly like all the other flash graphs. which means, it's good. and its the same as the rest of the big companies products. ecunleashed, guhl, 2wheeldynoworks etc
post #6 of 31 Old 01-20-2015, 07:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

So what flash software do you guys use? I thought I read what software you use on another board, but will let you tell us to clarify.
post #7 of 31 Old 01-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

I'll be frank, that is probably the least important aspect of the ECU flash. Flashing hardware/software is simply a medium to transfer data. I could see it being relevant if one is using any supplier-provided mapping or tuning parameters, but that's not the case with any SBU flash.

Your dealer for: High performance race components and accessories along with ECU Tuning/Flashing

Follow us!:
post #8 of 31 Old 01-21-2015, 04:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I'll be frank, that is probably the least important aspect of the ECU flash. Flashing hardware/software is simply a medium to transfer data. I could see it being relevant if one is using any supplier-provided mapping or tuning parameters, but that's not the case with any SBU flash.
I see that as not answering a potential customers question. If it's not a big deal, why not just say "blah brand, and here's why it's not a big deal"?

It can matter, depending on the company and what sort of options you get, non performance based options, tech support etc. Cost can vary from $100-$600, so it tells us what kind of profit you're making on it too. Instead of simply answering an open honest simple question, you deflect and force me to be an asshole and call you on it.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
I see that as not answering a potential customers question. If it's not a big deal, why not just say "blah brand, and here's why it's not a big deal"?

It can matter, depending on the company and what sort of options you get, non performance based options, tech support etc. Cost can vary from $100-$600, so it tells us what kind of profit you're making on it too. Instead of simply answering an open honest simple question, you deflect and force me to be an asshole and call you on it.
I'm sorry you see it that way. We just don't share any information we may consider proprietary when it comes to services/products we offer. Just like you wouldn't ask Ohlins what kinds of processes or tooling are involved in manufacturing their suspension products, so that you could adequately determine the value of their product and/or their profit margin. Is it exactly the same thing? No, of course not. But it's our service and the value does not lie in the hardware or software. It lies in the time invested and the development we've put into it.

We hope to continue improving the flash in the coming year, using data gained running one of our race bikes and we offer free updates for the service as well.

Follow us!:
post #10 of 31 Old 01-21-2015, 06:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I'm sorry you see it that way. We just don't share any information we may consider proprietary when it comes to services/products we offer. Just like you wouldn't ask Ohlins what kinds of processes or tooling are involved in manufacturing their suspension products, so that you could adequately determine the value of their product and/or their profit margin. Is it exactly the same thing? No, of course not. But it's our service and the value does not lie in the hardware or software. It lies in the time invested and the development we've put into it.

We hope to continue improving the flash in the coming year, using data gained running one of our race bikes and we offer free updates for the service as well.
and that's a perfectly acceptable answer as to not saying what software you use.

your first response came off as, you're question isn't important so we're not going to answer it.

as a customer i still want to know whats going into my ecu. it's like getting a performance package from a shop and not being told if i'm getting march or caro mag or alum wheels, penske, elka or ohlins as my suspension, nissin or brembo calipers, what rotors etc, with none of the parts having names stamped on them. (that'd be a more accurate analogy is all)

i understand value, the thing to remember is it also depends on who you are talking to as to how value is defined. to a customer, it is in the final product, in the hardware and software. to a company, its the hours of r&d time put into it. hence you have companies like ecunleashed who charge $550 and companies who charge $150. Some care, some don't. And it's fine, just be honest about it. Some forums, are stupidly hung up on a name, some, are not. "Oh only brand X is good and brand Y and Z are inferior!" even if it's not.

from your dyno graph, it appears your flash is good. of the top flashes out there, the curves are about the same, means your afr (although it's strange its blocked out on that graph, run it high probably 13.7:1?) is good and fuelings probably all within 10% and timings within 1-2 degrees with similar mapping to all the others so it's safe to say you have a good product.

follow up question, what fuel were you running on that tune? some people get hung up on that stuff.

i am sure your product is fantastic and i highly doubt anyone will be let down, once you hit the efficiency target, it's pretty solid and it becomes about the optional little stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in