Stock 05 must upgrades? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Stock 05 must upgrades?

Anything else besides a dampner? What are the pro's and con's between the GPR and ohlins if any? I hear talk about front brakes, I ride hard and plan to track as much as possible on it, so upgrade the lines and MC? Should i not sweat it and just ride it?

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
Anything else besides a dampner? What are the pro's and con's between the GPR and ohlins if any? I hear talk about front brakes, I ride hard and plan to track as much as possible on it, so upgrade the lines and MC? Should i not sweat it and just ride it?
Suspension,brakes,damper are all good ideas for everyday riding let alone the track so yes break out the CC.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

A damper is a must no matter what kind of riding you do. I'm running an Ohlins on my 04 and have no complaints.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke (1729-1797)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Get a radial master cyclinder (Brembo) and steel lines then the new 07 model GPR is the Shitzzz good tires and have the suspension set up for sure. Then you will feel like the rest of us you can't wipe the grin off our faces

I'm not fast I'm just faster than you
Bikes owned
97 ZX11, 98 R1, 00 CBR929, 02 RC51, 02 Duc 998, 02 GSXR 1000, 04 GSXR 600, 05 ZX10R, 05 ZX6R, 06 Husky TE 510, 07 ZX6R, 04 GSXR 750, 2001 CBR929RR, 2007 ZX10R SE Hows my resume
post #5 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Are you sure your ready for a ZX10..... I think it may just be to much for you....

Being that you ride that GMC dump truck around, the 10 may be waaaay too much for you to handle......

“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” --General George S. Patton
post #6 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXTOM View Post
Are you sure your ready for a ZX10..... I think it may just be to much for you....

Being that you ride that GMC dump truck around, the 10 may be waaaay too much for you to handle......

I think you know the answer to that question..............

Just cause you want to ride men and are afraid to admit it doesnt mean you can take your fustrations out on me....

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 05:08 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
Ride it and see what you feel it needs, pointless spending money on mods you don't need!

Having said that, personally with my 05 I did the following.

Brembo radial m/c (stock item needs help in a big way)
Braided lines basically its a fashion decision all of them are good these days
Fixed the air intake snorkels (there are some good pics on here about this)
BMC Race air filter and clean it lots the air filters are small and seem to vaccum the road clean ;-)
Factory pro shifter mod, very nice, well worth it
Kawasaki race computer (still have it for sale)
Micron serpent full system (I have dynoed just about all of the exhausts for these things and this makes the best power in terms of usability not bad peak power either)
Made a set of velocity stacks for it
Advanced the inlet cam 1.5 degrees over stock
Front fork cartridges started with Traxxion, modified these, and then went the Ohlins route, a useful improvement.
Rear I went for Ohlins 46PRXLS and modified the damping a bit
Striped the steering head and cleaned the bearing seats out and reassembled sometimes the factory catches up the frame coating making the bearings sit at an angle (slight) this is a good thing to do!

Didn't fit a steering damper it simply didn't need it

With this done it was just great, it was a missile and handled just wonderful, the brakes were never as good as the rest of the package tho.... If I had the bucks I would probably go the Brembo route for calipers, very nice...
post #8 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
pointless spending money on mods you don't need or don't make a diff.
yup i see some.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
yup i see some.

BD
and you cant tell me it doesnt need a damper....unless you arent riding it hard enough.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I'm glad I had my Ohlins, just the other day I hit a few little bumps in 3rd flat out, the bars still crossed up a little, not enough for me to back off or have a trouser moment, but sure did scare the crap out of oncoming traffic.

I know I have had several moments when the stabilizer has helped me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in