Sticking Throttle Cured ! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to abadassbikerlad
Sticking Throttle Cured !

hi been putting up with rather dangerous sticking throttle i could not get the bike to tick over less than 1800 rpm and if i revved it above 10 grand it would hang at about 8500 for ages.
i tried the usual oiling cable with cable oiler no luck, i rang kawasaki uk and 2 boffins could not give me any idea what it would be.
So i took of the throttle bodies and found a seized little arm that opens throttle with the secondries it had stuck corroded in our winter from the salt on the roads.
it has a c clip and little plastic washer under it, it was so solid it would not turn more than about 3* so i squirted some lube on it and used some little grips to wiggle it free, i could not quiet get it off its shaft but its free and moves nice now, If you ride your bike in bad weather i would expect to look here for any throttle sticking problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks for the tip. I ride all weather
post #3 of 4 Old 05-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info. My bike just started doing the same thing!! I will have to look for this to see if that is it. do you happen to have pics?? if not would you mind giving general directions? If it is something complex that i shouldn't mess with, then i will have it done at the shop, but i would like to be able to do it myself. Thanks again for the post and i would appriciate any info....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to abadassbikerlad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10R_Yell06 View Post
Thanks for the info. My bike just started doing the same thing!! I will have to look for this to see if that is it. do you happen to have pics?? if not would you mind giving general directions? If it is something complex that i shouldn't mess with, then i will have it done at the shop, but i would like to be able to do it myself. Thanks again for the post and i would appriciate any info....
Sorry for replying so late it's the fast idle adjuster on the left hand side of the throttle bodies your see it move when you open throttle full then return it hard to its stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in