steering damper china - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-19-2019, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

steering damper china

Hello,

What you guys think of the damper from China anyone install one for the 04 model ? Worth the 60$ ? Right now i can't find anything lower then 350$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Being a cheap dude myself something like that would be very tempting. Thought I've never seen one live and in person I'd say it not worth it. I have a friend with a 1190RX and the stock damper look like it could be one of those Chinese dampers. Whether it is or not I can tell you it has little damping and leaks. With the leaking it's gone from nearly worthless to completely worthless. I'd have to think those Chinese ones are the same. Not because it's made in China, because as much as I hate to admit it they can make good stuff when they want to, but because its $60.

That said, I guess you have no idea unless you try one. A $60 chance isnt the end of the world but if it doesnt work you just added $60 to the cost of something you already didn't want to spend $350 on.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Also something to think about. The chinese dampers usually are impossible to find parts for. The more expensive dampers will be rebuildable and support will be available.
LDH likes this.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I use the cheap China ones, for a drag bike setup they work fine

04 1000rr, 05 zx10 rocket...check out some of my work in my albums link.. https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/album.php?albumid=3114
post #5 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks
post #6 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 07:15 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
Also something to think about. The chinese dampers usually are impossible to find parts for. The more expensive dampers will be rebuildable and support will be available.
5:1 ratio, you could have a new one every year for 5 years, lol

2004 ZX10R-few mods here and there......
and even made more Evil by Woolich.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 09:33 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjake View Post
5:1 ratio, you could have a new one every year for 5 years, lol

Sure, but you can keep an Ohlins damper for the rest of your life and if you do decide to sell it you can actually get some value on the used market.
CanyonCarver likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 10:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Sure, but you can keep an Ohlins damper for the rest of your life and if you do decide to sell it you can actually get some value on the used market.
THIS!!!

I had purchased a $360(at the time new) HyperPro damper back in the day for my 05 ZX6R for about $150 used. It was in perfect shape and lasted all the years I had my 05 bike. On top of it all, it definitely worked and there was no guessing with safety. I guess this crap comes with age, but I wouldn't fool around with untested equipment in the name of safety. I probably would put something cheap on the car or bike that wasn't responsible for movement or important functionality. Maybe stickers or some plastic bit...
post #9 of 11 Old 05-20-2019, 01:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Would I trust a $60 china part to keep me from crashing? No, not at all. I don't care if it works great or not. I'm not hoping that some lowlife in china copied someone else's design well enough for me to not crash.

If you want to be cheap, You can buy a used OEM Ohlins, have LDH here revalve it and spend about $200ish all together.
CanyonCarver likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-21-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The used dampers are problematic, u don't know if it's good, not leaking.....i don't want to buy a used one with 200$ and keep it for 1year, a friend of mine had this problem.Most of the dampers are used for tracks where they wear much faster.
I will save some cash and buy a new one next year.
If anyone have 1 for sale .... 04-05 zx10 pm me lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in