Steering damper - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Steering damper

Im looking for a steering damper but im not sure what to get. Ive heard some are active and some got clicks to set how hard it should be?

Dont wanna adjust the spring just because I slow down and come into a city or very small road.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

There is a ton of variables (and opinions) which spring from how the bike is being used.
Thing with Scotts rotary is, don't set anything. Just use it as it is sent to you. After awhile as you learn more, the answers come, but for starters, Ya can't beat a damper that has the widest range of being what a damper does, and Scotts has unique valve system to provide that.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Posting Frequency

Scotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louemc View Post
There is a ton of variables (and opinions) which spring from how the bike is being used.
Thing with Scotts rotary is, don't set anything. Just use it as it is sent to you. After awhile as you learn more, the answers come, but for starters, Ya can't beat a damper that has the widest range of being what a damper does, and Scotts has unique valve system to provide that.
I have a Scotts I ride it two clicks from maxed out everywhere. GPR is nice as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
I have a reactive hyperpro and love it. It looks good and works very well functionally. Honestly for riding you will probably set it in one spot and never change it. However it is nice to click it all the way down when you are having to move the bike around the garage. I keep mine at about the mid point setting which gives good feel in all situations without making it too hard to move around. There is no need to adjust it when in city traffic vs out riding the curves.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by axo250 View Post
I have a reactive hyperpro and love it. It looks good and works very well functionally. Honestly for riding you will probably set it in one spot and never change it. However it is nice to click it all the way down when you are having to move the bike around the garage. I keep mine at about the mid point setting which gives good feel in all situations without making it too hard to move around. There is no need to adjust it when in city traffic vs out riding the curves.
You know a store that sends worldwide since my country (sweden) doesnt import hyperpro?
post #6 of 12 Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 06BLK10R Send a message via Yahoo to 06BLK10R
Gpr's are nice!!
post #7 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 03:21 PM

Posting Frequency

When I bought my bike they told me the Ohlins was a good damper but after the first week I found that it was not what I needed. I needed something a little more versatile, So im going with the GPR
post #8 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thure View Post
You know a store that sends worldwide since my country (sweden) doesnt import hyperpro?
Yeesh man. I have no idea. I'm sure anyone would send it for the right price. Try superbikesupply.com since they are a site sponser. You could also try pipecity.com if they can't or even muzzys.com. All those places offer them here in the states.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

How about Scotts/Ohlins rotary damper? Is that sold in Sweden? :-)
post #10 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 06:51 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to green_zx
Quote:
Originally Posted by axo250 View Post
I love my hyperpro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in