Stage I kit adds 10-12hp - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 11-26-2005, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Mad_man Send a message via Yahoo to Mad_man
Stage I kit adds 10-12hp

Lee's Performance Center has a stage I kit for $1700. And you get a full tiforce system pcIIIusb custom map and air filter. Do you think this is a good deal? I know his work with the dyno and mapping is good because two of my friends took there 05 suz 1000 to him and they are making good hp. Lee's shop is in charlotte Nc anyone had there 10r done at his shop? Lee also told me that he just did a stage 4 kit on a 10r that made 184hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd like to know exactly what they've done to achieve 184 rwhp, but it must be a fair bit of work involved. Although remember that Lee's dyno is notoriously optimistic in comparison with others. I heard they were dynoing K5's with full systems in the 170's. Some enthusiastic owners then dyno'd them on different dynos which saw about 10hp less and "only" in the 160's.

In the future, if I still have my 10R, I would love to bump the displacement to 1050+cc's with new pistons, high compression head gasket, kawi race cam with higher rate valve springs, and ignition advance and rev limiter extender (dynojet). I guess maybe get a nice valve port and polishing while we're at it. That's gotta be good for nearly 190ish+ rwhp.
post #3 of 19 Old 11-26-2005, 11:53 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_man
Lee's Performance Center has a stage I kit for $1700. And you get a full tiforce system pcIIIusb custom map and air filter. Do you think this is a good deal?
You need to find out how much a TiForce system, a PC3, and a custom map would cost seperately to determine if it's a good deal. Of course they're charging for the install too.

Do a search, it's all in here somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

post #5 of 19 Old 11-26-2005, 05:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schnitz

That's nice Ryan but tell us all how you got so much power out of your 10R And put that package together for us all to buy. Come on just start peckin those keys
post #6 of 19 Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Lees stage 4 included a big bore, cams, head etc etc and maybe even a stroked crank. I have talked to him about that stage 4 zx-10 and it is not cheap for sure.

Don
post #7 of 19 Old 11-27-2005, 11:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

just buy a turbo and give it a little shot of nos.
post #8 of 19 Old 11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I would be carefull. I live in charlotte and have seen some very nice work from him, I have also seen some cobbled up shit too. I do not trust other people very much. I am anal as hell and most places do not do the work to my satisfaction. If you know anything about mapping, tryto be there while they are doing it. It is amazing the corner cutting some people take if you are not there. Don't buy the air filter, it is a waste of money, it is worth about 1hp but they let alot of crap through.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #9 of 19 Old 11-27-2005, 02:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw
I would be carefull. I live in charlotte and have seen some very nice work from him, I have also seen some cobbled up shit too. I do not trust other people very much. I am anal as hell and most places do not do the work to my satisfaction. If you know anything about mapping, tryto be there while they are doing it. It is amazing the corner cutting some people take if you are not there. Don't buy the air filter, it is a waste of money, it is worth about 1hp but they let alot of crap through.
post #10 of 19 Old 11-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw

Like a lot of businesses that have more than one person there is always some variation in the work quality. If you get the lead man or Lee doing the work you are good to go. And yes Lee does personally build engine still to this day. I work with him 1-2 times a year on various project bikes for the magazine articles and he usually personally does my work. He also spends a lot of time dyno tuning the final products too. Often when I call he is on the dyno.

So if you want your work done there just specify up front which mechanic you want to do the work. Its done all the time there.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in