Speedohealer install problem - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-12-2005, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Unhappy Speedohealer install problem

So, my Speedohealer arrived today. As with any bit, I was extremely excited and ran out to the garage to install it. When I got there, I realized that I had dropped my bike off at the shop earlier in the day to have them look at my wheel. Is it possible to install the speedohealer without actually having the motorcycle around. Does El Diablo or anyone else have an how-to on the installation without the motorcycle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by king-tony
So, my Speedohealer arrived today. As with any bit, I was extremely excited and ran out to the garage to install it. When I got there, I realized that I had dropped my bike off at the shop earlier in the day to have them look at my wheel. Is it possible to install the speedohealer without actually having the motorcycle around. Does El Diablo or anyone else have an how-to on the installation without the motorcycle?
I'm still working on that "how to", but why don't you set your dip switches while your waiting for the monster to come home
post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have the speedohealer and they are extremely easy to install.

First, pull the rear seat, front seat and tank off of the bike...

Then locate the speedo sensor on the side of the counter sprocket cover and follow the wire up to the connector in the harness.

Speedohealer states that Kawasaki puts the signal wire and the power wire in two different places on the 636, dont know if the 10 is the same or not but I had to use thier wiring diagram to find the right wiring hookup and then push the pins in place.

Once you get the pins in the connector if needed unhook the factory connection and plug them both into the speedohealer.

Once plugged in do the setup diagnosis to make sure it is set up and hooked up properly.

Once you are sure it is set up right find someplace to place the "brain". I put mine on the front side of the main spar that the swingarm mounts to so that I can get to the memory recall switch and the dip switches.

Secure unit then go to speedhealer.com and use thier calculator to find out what correction you need. You can do the actual distance vrs true distance, real speed vrs indicated speed it doesnt matter, the more accurate the better and the more time it will save you in the long run.

If you have a gps or can get your hands on one either that or get someone to follow you in a car with stock size tires on it and then that will give you the actual vrs indicated. THe gps will work also doing the same or you could run mile markers. If you do the mile markers then do at least 10 or 20 miles. I would find a spot where you can stop and reset your trip meter then start you milage run. Stop at the end of the run and make note of what you have on the trip meter vrs what you actually did.

Go to thier site and click on calculator and plot in your numbers and it will give you the correction factor. Print the instructions and it tells you exactly how to program the unit. Program it and enjoy your newly calibrated speedo.

I tested mine on the dyno and it was 100% spot on all the way up to 120 on the dyno. Now It is fun to ride next to bikes that are off and see how far they are off and then laugh at them when they are putting along when they are really 15mph under the limit.

Have fun and enjoy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in